Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I just watched the Vegas/Sharks game 7, and Karlsson looked like an absolute shell of himself - he's definitely playing hurt.

He certainly had an extra gear in OT last night. Hopefully that was adrenaline fueled.

Imagine them playing those minutes while also chasing Nate

giphy.gif

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
A lot of confidence in here for a team that can’t win in San Jose. I mean the Avs can’t even really beat the Sharks in Denver if the last few seasons are any indication.

I will cheer my ass off for this team until the day it ends, but I’m not expecting this series to go our way.
I feel like the Avs are still major underdogs, and rightfully so, because San Jose is not a team full of bums. However, I do like our chances to make this a competitive series and one we maaaaay be able to squeak through

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah am I the only person who thinks Karlsson looks unbelievably good?

All I hear is how he looks hurt and he has slowed down and has been on the ice for a bunch of goals against etc. The games I watched (2.5 games total maybe) he was the best player on the ice for both teams and it wasn’t even really close. He looks near 2017 playoff form IMO and I’m not looking forward to playing against him.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
A lot of confidence in here for a team that can’t win in San Jose. I mean the Avs can’t even really beat the Sharks in Denver if the last few seasons are any indication.

I will cheer my ass off for this team until the day it ends, but I’m not expecting this series to go our way.
But now we have our Saviour Makar.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
After reading a lot of opinions and predictions, I don't think we're the underdogs any more, unfortunately.

It appears that our secret is out.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

We also historically had a hard time with Calgary, look how that turned out.

Besides, what's the fun in being like ho hum.. We'll be lucky to win... May as well embrace this run 100%.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm much happier to play the Sharks than Vegas... Jones can lose games on his own, Sharks are a slower paced team, not as physical and certainly not as dirty, and I think have a worse coach. That said, they are deeper and more skilled than the Avs overall. I'm not expecting a series win here as it will be very tough to beat the Sharks, but I think the Avs stand a solid chance. Especially with how Karlsson has looked and questions surrounding Pavelski.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The good thing is that Mackinnon and Rantanen should be able to abuse Burns defensively.

The bad thing is that Burns and Karlsson are elite offensively and will be super hard to shut down.

Reactions: avsfan09

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I saw on the main board the Sharks apparently have more depth than we do

Out 4th line and bottom pairing might be crap, but at least we play them. They played the equivalent of one and a half games in Game 6 and one of their D got 7 minutes. Nearly a whole extra period in Game 7, their bottom pairing gets under 10 minutes each and they dressed someone who got 2:36. In a Game 7! At home! Sven would be playing on their third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->