Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now that this is real and I'm looking at tickets in SJ this is becoming too surreal. If my sister hadn't passed last summer we were going to get tickets to a handful of Sharks games this season, so I could introduce her to the sport as well.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Now that this is real and I'm looking at tickets in SJ this is becoming too surreal. If my sister hadn't passed last summer we were going to get tickets to a handful of Sharks games this season, so I could introduce her to the sport as well.
Sorry for your loss.

The only way I can see Colorado in the playoffs locally, would be if Toronto or Buffalo met them in the final, and.....yeah.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Well I was deadass wrong about the Sharks not being able to comeback. Somewhat preferred the Knights but either way this would be a tough match up. Avs in 7. We have to use our speed here and really open up the games to win this series.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With long beach native Matt Nieto on our side there's no way we can lose...right?
giphy.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sorry for your loss.

The only way I can see Colorado in the playoffs locally, would be if Toronto or Buffalo met them in the final, and.....yeah.

Thank you, but it actually didn't hit me very hard. I was there with her for most of her last year & saw how much she was suffering day in & day out; so a big part of me was happy that she was free from that pain, especially having gotten to go scuba-diving -- which she loved -- one last time before she passed. By far the hardest part has been the way it's torn up my father; especially since he lost the aunt who had raised him not 1 month later.

It's just weird to me right now because I moved to the bay area to care for her & used to drive past the Sharks' arena to go to the dispensary I liked, before moving back to Chicago. Plus we had discussed getting Sharks playoff tickets last season during one the avs-preds game I was watching...before the prices convinced us to wait until the regular season returned...a regular season which she did not get to see.

But even though I'm back in Chicago; my cousin & his family are in the bay area, my sister's mother is out there as well & we got pretty close while I was out there, and I have a number of friends who either moved out there for work or whom I met out there. So I've been passed due on visiting since I had a big job interview the day of the memorial that they held on my sister's birthday.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I haven’t watched enough of Thornton recently to know for sure, but he looked slow and on his last legs last night.

On top of that, the sharks really only have 3 lines and 2 defensive pairings. I’m hoping that our speed and fresh legs are able to carry us through.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Thank you, but it actually didn't hit me very hard. I was there with her for most of her last year & saw how much she was suffering day in & day out; so a big part of me was happy that she was free from that pain, especially having gotten to go scuba-diving -- which she loved -- one last time before she passed. By far the hardest part has been the way it's torn up my father; especially since he lost the aunt who had raised him not 1 month later.

It's just weird to me right now because I moved to the bay area to care for her & used to drive past the Sharks' arena to go to the dispensary I liked, before moving back to Chicago. Plus we had discussed getting Sharks playoff tickets last season during one the avs-preds game I was watching...before the prices convinced us to wait until the regular season returned...a regular season which she did not get to see.

But even though I'm back in Chicago; my cousin & his family are in the bay area, my sister's mother is out there as well & we got pretty close while I was out there, and I have a number of friends who either moved out there for work or whom I met out there. So I've been passed due on visiting since I had a big job interview the day of the memorial that they held on my sister's birthday.
Sorry to hear that. It's nice that she was able to do some things she liked before she passed.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If there's one thing I trust with San Jose, it's that they'll find a way to choke in the postseason. Let's hope they do it against us.

Honestly though I have to say, getting that second wildcard spot and going through the Pacific might turn out to be a good path to take in the postseason this year. Calgary didn't know what to do with themselves and IMO the Avs match up against SJ waaaaaay better than Vegas and St Louis. Things turned out in our favor a bit here. MacKinnon v Martin Jones has the potential to be hilarious.

I'm not too worried about the Avs past play in San Jose, Nashville and Calgary use to be houses of horrors until they met them in postseason. Sometimes you need a good long series to shake a demon off your back. I expect the Avs will have a better record in San Jose going forward after this year.

Key to this series IMO: Speed. Every ounce of speed this team can muster up.

Reactions: Barklez

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Reading the Sharks board... Looks like another fan base with this idea that they have vastly superior depth and a much greater D group then us.

Time to shed some light for another team. I thought our depth was a touch worse than the Flames and it turned out to be much better. I actually think our depth even on paper looks better than the Sharks, especially the 3rd and 4th lines where I quite like our matchup in the playoffs.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I just watched the Vegas/Sharks game 7, and Karlsson looked like an absolute shell of himself - he's definitely playing hurt. And he's definitely not the only one. Pavelski is probably out for a while, Donskoi was out of game 7, and the rest of them are probably battered and bruised because Vegas is a nasty, physical team. And on top of that they're all coming off a HUGE emotional roller coaster and tons of minutes and probably won't sleep properly and be mentally all together for game one against us. PLUS, Jones looks very beatable - a lot of his saves in game 7 were just off the tip of glove or just barely making the save.

I expect we'll be hemmed in our zone a lot by the deep group of Sharks forwards, but I think we'll hold the fort long enough for the top line to absolute dominate and score their way to a 4 game sweep. I honestly don't expect Jones to still be even starting in net by the end of the series. MacKinnon is going to eat him for breakfast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->