GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Saint Louis Blues Saturday 11/11/23 @7:00PM Mountain Time

Which is the better side dish?

• Total voters

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Cmac saw the team wasn't good enough last year so he decided to gamble and it didn't work out.

At least most of these guys are on short term deals.

Let's just enjoy the fact that the core won a cup. If they get a good first round matchup they might even win a series.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
It's becoming concerning how bad we are

Those guys did nothing in playoffs. Definitely not the answer either.
Getting guys who are actively worse wasn't the answer.

People forget that JTC Eller and Erod were our 4th through 6th best forwards once Nuke had gone down.

That's just not a team that can win anything. They weren't the answer. But getting guys who are even worse sure as hell isn't the answer either.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I stand by it’s time for Wolfgang Bednars to start adjusting the system to take into account that we are no longer as fast or skilled as we used to be. We used to be able to play sound defense even if it was more reliant on quick transitions and prone to getting in trouble and hemmed in when they couldn’t move the puck. I don’t know what we’re doing now but it’s not that

Also fire Toby Peterson and find a better skills coach already. It’s like this guy can’t seem to watch tape, see what they’re doing and explain the damn adjustments needed to make tape to tape passes again and G’s puck skills have evaporated

Can’t do it. The top guys thrive in transition. It’s not wise to adjust your system around players who are soft/slow/lazy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I stand by it’s time for Wolfgang Bednars to start adjusting the system to take into account that we are no longer as fast or skilled as we used to be. We used to be able to play sound defense even if it was more reliant on quick transitions and prone to getting in trouble and hemmed in when they couldn’t move the puck. I don’t know what we’re doing now but it’s not that

Also fire Toby Peterson and find a better skills coach already. It’s like this guy can’t seem to watch tape, see what they’re doing and explain the damn adjustments needed to make tape to tape passes again and G’s puck skills have evaporated
That’s not going to solve anything. If he has to entirely redefine how this team plays hockey then this season is a bust. The players acquired either need to play better or there needs to be a radical reshuffling of this roster, both by the coach and by management.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The thing that still pisses me off today, and I usually don't hold on to game more than an hour or so, is how can you make the professional level and have so little pride in what you are doing that you don't even give a shit that you are you getting embarrassed?

They f***ing quit last night, that's unacceptable at any level especially the professional level.

I'm not sure how that are going to fix this. You can't teach compete and effort. You either want to do these things or not, and this team has no desire to do these things. f***ing pathetic.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wasn’t prepared for how much swapping Compher for Johansen would slow the team down. They look…slow out there, especially with Makar clearly running at, like, 70% at most.
It certainly has hurt and the system needs tweaked to deal with it. That said I think it is overlooked how much the Avs slowed down last year. Along with that, how skating speed isn’t the primary factor in playing fast. People see Wood with a head of steam flying and associate that with playing fast… but really the third line plays at a slow pace because they can’t complete two passes in a row.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
JTC was completely underrated around here. It was a much bigger loss than people will ever admit.
JTC was a very good value Swiss Army knife player and not at all overpaid at 3.5 million. Bednar playing him too high in the lineup at times doesn’t change that you couldn’t really ask for a much better 3 C/RW. He was the whipping boy for being the fill in/bandaid for depth issues higher in the lineup

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think people are missing the plot with JTC. It isn’t that he isn’t a good hockey player, it is that he simply wasn’t good enough to play the role needed on a contender. The Avs made a risky bet on RyJo because his ceiling is much higher. He’s played at a 1C level before… the risk just isn’t panning out as of yet (and odds are it won’t).

In other words, people shouldn’t be moaning about losing JTC. They should be moaning at simply not fixing the 2C issue.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
WTF happened?

They should have been pissed off about how they lost last game. This is them pissed off.

UFC time. @Avs_19 I know you aint in here but who you got tonight? I was thinking Jiri all week until tonight haha

I missed the fights but caught up this morning. I was leaning Jiri as well but that didn’t go according to plan lol.

I did have Aspinall. He’s legit and just different for a HW. I would favour Jones over him but probably not anyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If this team was relying on an AHL player to swing things in their favor than they were never going anywhere in the first place.
Yes, but I think there is something there and a hot start could have been a way for him to get a foothold in the NHL. It's part of a successful org to create these out of nowhere surprises that boost a lineup.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Because frankly, a lot of the supposed contenders have stumbled to start the season. A lot worse than we have.
Also other than the Sharks and Oilers, all the teams have been more competitive so far. Anyone can beat anyone right now. Vegas and Boston are the only teams that have been steady, winning games regularly

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
Visit site
elephunt needed to go. noboty seeing elephunt in room. why? team headquarters maked him so much bigger than room it is like he invisibles. he destroyd team so succesful noboty seem care here. solo in mackannon. solo in makar. pp mackannon aiming into zoun no second tactics. no 3-1 attack never. no 2-1. no nothing. total brainles frustrating hockey going on. frustration since many year. his name wolfgang bednars. this team going nowhere. when on television channel changed.

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

and I want big snake eat the bufon Pierre Lacroix!

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
IMG_20231112_194825.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad