Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yea, but you guys are talking non-sense. Why would the league hate Toronto and want them to lose? For what reason? And why does the leagues sometimes fix it for Boston but sometimes they don't?
Because the beauty of conspiracy theories is that you aren't bound by pesky things like logic or rational thought, so everything can be fit nicely into the narrative no matter how contradictory it might be.

Yea, the league wants Boston to win, except when they play Florida. I can’t get all the conspiracy theories straight, man.

They have so many cups. Sure, league wants them to win.
I thought the league wanted Pittsburgh to win? Or Vegas? Or is it Tampa? So many winners.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
special tams praticse
einstein quote.jpg

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Which is why I believe that Keefe is now locked in for at least next season, which is not necessarily a good thing.

Should pin this one to the top of every thread.
We'll see how Game 7 goes, but he's out coached Montgomery this series. Game 7 when Willy misses 3 games and Matthews at least 2.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
We'll see how Game 7 goes, but he's out coached Montgomery this series. Game 7 when Willy misses 3 games and Matthews at least 2.
I'm confident that my dog (that's her to the left) could outcoach Monty, or at least give him a run for his money.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
one thing that could be in our favour is that we have effectively played 2 straight game 7s already and played our best hockey. i think at least for the start of the game thats going to give us an advantage.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think Boston have looked a little shell shocked and afraid of making a mistake since we went down 3-1 in the series

We need to get off to a strong start and just keep the pressure on, sports are way more fun with the other guys pills in a vice

Reactions: Sypher04

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Exercising Demons sounds difficult. What do you say?

“Lucifer, Beelzebub, Marchand!
No pain, no gain. Drop and give me twenty!”

Which raises a question: “Do the Bruins have to buy special skates to fit Marchand’s cloven hooves?”

Or, of course, the word posters are looking for might indeed be “exorcises.”
See how much faster and harder you skate with a pitchfork in your ass.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
The boys just need to stay disciplined and keep shots to the outside. I've been pretty impressed with our blueline. You can tell they struggle with puck movement out of the zone, but they do an excellent job getting in shooting lanes and preventing the cycle.

At the other end of the ice, just please take the puck to the net and get bodies in front of Swayman. Draw first blood, draw it early, and make the boogeyman of another 3-1 series upset jingle around in their heads.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I was actually starting to feel positive about this game until I found out who the official will be...

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto should have no pressure on them tomorrow night in Boston. No one gave them a hope in hell at winning this series. You have to think that Boston is panicking hard right now. I think all the team needs to do is go in there play their game and get the job done.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Got to hope we pull through as this is a huge opportunity for the team. There are a few major differences compared to other seasons.

1. Goaltending is solid.
2. Team defense is solid.
3. Were more physical than we’ve been in a long time.
4. Our game keeps improving. G6 was arguably our best. Disciplined, but also the better team at 5-on-5 play.
5. We’ve adapted to how teams play us in the playoffs. Previously we would keep playing the perimeter. Now there is more of an emphasis on driving the net and getting dirty goals. We’ve flipped the script and now defend by executing the same approach and it’s Boston that can’t score.
6. We’ve thrived on the road.

It all guarantees nothing in the end, but I feel more confident than in series past. Even without Matthews.

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
one thing that could be in our favour is that we have effectively played 2 straight game 7s already and played our best hockey. i think at least for the start of the game thats going to give us an advantage.
While I do agree, Boston should now be playing with the same level of desperation that we have had for the past two games and we'll need to be ready for it. Fingers crossed!

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
While I do agree, Boston should now be playing with the same level of desperation that we have had for the past two games and we'll need to be ready for it. Fingers crossed!
thats why i only said for the start of the game, but in reality nothing is certain. we could blow them out, they could blow us out, could be 0-0 going into OT, impossible to say.

Reactions: Buds17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad