Post-Game Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild l SERIES Discussion l Series Tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Me also, 2 of the 3 games at home we needed a last minute goal followed by OT winners, I just don't see. It will be a very long 48 hours

We also didn't have Matt Duchene and 2 scoring lines for those games.

They have been able to focus in and just have to worry about shutting down 1 scoring line.

Even then, we still beat them.

Imagine what it will be like when they have 2 scoring lines to worry about. Pick your poison.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Wild fans have Cooke and Heatley. They really shouldnt be playing that card with Varly. Its tasteless. I hope nobody does that in Denver to Heatley and show a picture of Dan Snyder. What is dead may never die.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs need more battle right in front of the Wild net in game 7. Too many dangerous chances generated by placing pucks right in front of the blue paint, only to miss passes, or not be strong and bury their chances.

Those are how playoff games are won and lost. The teams that bury those chances usually win, and the other goes home.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mcginn had the game on his stick and messed up. Mcginn has pissed me off this entire series.

He hasn't been good but he also hasn't played with Duchene. He played his best hockey this season when on a line with Duchene and O'Reilly. I think he played most of tonight's game on Cliche's wing and just missed on the PP.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm sick of Parenteau at this point. Yeah, huge goal in game 5 and that is appreciated, but what in the hell else has he done this series? I'd like to see him scratched for game 7 and Hishon re-inserted into the lineup on the 3rd line, bumping McGinn back up with Duchene and O'Reilly. He is simply too slow for this team and too brain dead at the point firing shots into shin pads like Johnson. Both of them should not be manning the points on the power play. Put Benoit and Wilson out there for the 1st unit, and then Holden and O'Reilly for the 2nd unit with Hishon moving up front

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I dont know what it is but I still have that bitter taste of losing to them in 2003 even though we beat them in 2008. I hate losing to this dynasty team. Honestly if we were to lose to San Jose or even Dallas I wouldnt be so pissed.

Because that was the last season Colorado was a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm sick of Parenteau at this point. Yeah, huge goal in game 5 and that is appreciated, but what in the hell else has he done this series? I'd like to see him scratched for game 7 and Hishon re-inserted into the lineup on the 3rd line, bumping McGinn back up with Duchene and O'Reilly. He is simply too slow for this team and too brain dead at the point firing shots into shin pads like Johnson. Both of them should not be manning the points on the power play. Put Benoit and Wilson out there for the 1st unit, and then Holden and O'Reilly for the 2nd unit with Hishon moving up front

I thought he had his best game of the series tonight.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Because that was the last season Colorado was a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

That really is what it is. The end of Roy was the end of true contending. They had what should have been a good team with Kariya and Selanne the following year, and Aebi was pretty good in goal that season, but they just had too much bad luck injury wise that year, and things just never clicked. After that it was all down hill.

Roy has brought it back to this team in his very first year. The Wild can't be rewarded for this ******** boring chip the puck out, ice the puck, hook and hold trap crap they call hockey. Get that crap the hell out of the game by making them change coaches again and maybe once and for all their philosophy.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Game 7 is huge. I hope boys come out strong and get early lead. Lots on stake in this game, one of most important things for me is that AVS wins prevent this jerk Cooke of playing again in this playoffs. NHL made fools of themselves handing him suspension that can end during this playoffs.

So AVS beat Wild and don't let this **** play again.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

Parenteau had a good game, what are you talking about?

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
Game 6 was the best game Avs played in Minny until that Parise goal. Avs have the last change in G7, I'm fairly confident Avs will take care of it. Duchenes presence was already evident, I'm expecting he is going to be huge.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Single game elimination is a bit scary and anything can happen. But at the same time it's a great learning experience having a game seven at home and the chance to win a series.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I thought Dutchy was our best player last night even though he obviously wasn't at 100%. There are just few players in the league who can control a game like he does when the puck is on his stick in the offensive zone.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
We need to really support to team hard this next game, maybe we should have a positivity thread and tweet it to the team or something.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I thought Dutchy was our best player last night even though he obviously wasn't at 100%. There are just few players in the league who can control a game like he does when the puck is on his stick in the offensive zone.

I don't know about 'best player' but in the offensive zone, he was extremely refreshing to watch. Hes much better at relying on his hockey IQ than simply his speed.

That injury filled year he couldn't do much of anything offensively without his speed. You can just see how much his game has matured overall.

I thought he could of been a little more engaged in the defensive zone, but he didn't have any serious gaffs either. You could tell he was not all there in the larger scrums along the wall, where in the past he had been very good at picking pucks out of heavy traffic.

Minny could barely handle,

Landeskog - Stastny - MacKinnon

O'Reilly - Duchene - Parenteau,

with the last change and getting ideal match-ups. It's going to be very difficult for them to handle those two lines and a better third line, away from home. Duchene should be even better timing wise, and will have quite a bit more energy than most of the guys who have ground through the last 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad