Post-Game Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild l SERIES Discussion l Series Tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Ugh that was disappointing. First time some wild fans have been at the bar I go to and boy they were obnoxious. Complaining about every time an avs player even touched a wild player. Had to hold my tongue all night.

At least there were some positives to go off of in this one. Minus a softie let in by Varly I'd probably still be at the bar. We had a good second period and a good start to the third. That penalty kill in the third by Minny was just almost as big as the Stastny SHG. After that it was all Wild and it still took a tip off a point shot to win the game. The officiating didn't get any better in this one either. Blown calls, phantom calls and missed calls all around.

This is why getting home ice advantage was such a big deal down the stretch. Game 7 is going to be crazy. I have no idea how I'm going to handle it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think we've still got this thing. Roy will get the match ups he wants and Duchene should be with O'Reilly from the start. He also probably got rid of some rust tonight, should be even better next game.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Confident about Game 7 but in this league and especially this series every game can end up either way. That's why it's always a bad thing to let it come down to Game 7.

I don't agree. This is the best possible outcome. This team NEEDS to play Game 7s...lots of them. They need to know what it takes to win those games to win a series, it's an important step. Win or lose, this experience will be very valuable in the future.

Now obviously, if there is ANY justice whatsoever, the Avs will win because regardless of their play, the wild don't deserve to win because of what cooke did.

I'm pretty happy with the way the Avs played tonight...it was a huge improvement on the road and that's what you wanna see. Duchene played a pretty good game and he should be even better in a few days.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I hope Roy's pregame speech before game 7 goes something like this:

"F these guys. You are the better team. I remember what happened last time we faced them in game 7, and I don't want it to happen again. If you aren't going to win the game for yourselves, win it for me damnit!"

BB1133

Apr 4, 2010
Not sure if he got any love yet, but Wilson was surprisingly efficient. He didn't face the toughest minutes, but he wasn't the terrible liability I thought he would be.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think we've still got this thing. Roy will get the match ups he wants and Duchene should be with O'Reilly from the start. He also probably got rid of some rust tonight, should be even better next game.

It's just a testament to their team hooking and holding and interfering in every single game since ever. They don't even see it anymore. Suter punches everyone in the face, their whole team intentionally slashes to break sticks, Cooke elbows MacKinnon in the head and targets Barrie's knee, they constantly get away with trips, holding, stick grabs, and interference, and somehow the Avs are the only ones catching breaks with the calls.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Wild without Parise would probably be eliminated now. Avs with all the key injuries still have a chance at winning the series

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Not sure if he got any love yet, but Wilson was surprisingly efficient. He didn't face the toughest minutes, but he wasn't the terrible liability I thought he would be.

Agreed. Battled hard all night. I thought he had a good game.

His legs look done.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
It's just a testament to their team hooking and holding and interfering in every single game since ever. They don't even see it anymore. Suter punches everyone in the face, their whole team intentionally slashes to break sticks, Cooke elbows MacKinnon in the head and targets Barrie's knee, they constantly get away with trips, holding, stick grabs, and interference, and somehow the Avs are the only ones catching breaks with the calls.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Avs win game 7 I hope the Rangers Flyers series goes to 7 games so that way Avs would have some extra days off rest before round 2.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We are the only division champion to go to game 7 with wild card team in the whole NHL.

I don't care about the game 7 thing, it's hockey. A lot of series go to game 7. This is what they earned home ice advantage for.

Division winners need to win a series though. I don't look at the Wild as a "lowly wild card", it's not about that. They've been a good team all year. Even though the Avs are inexperienced blah blah you have to take care of business, at least for the first round.

I like the advantage the Avs have at home, they'll have confidence. But obviously it could easily go either way. Sucks this all could be over in two days. Everything they worked for will be gone. In a lot of ways I just want to know, no more waiting. I wish I could be sedated until after the game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't like blaming the refs. Other than what Cooke did, it hasn't even been that bad. Both teams have gotten away with a lot.

CrimsonPuma*

If Avs win game 7 I hope the Rangers Flyers series goes to 7 games so that way Avs would have some extra days off rest before round 2.

All three possible game 7s are set for Wednesday...

Avs/Wild
Sharks/Kings
Rangers/Flyers

If the rangers win tomorrow and it's just the two western teams, the avs game could start at 6pm to allow TV for both games...

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
All three possible game 7s are set for Wednesday...

Avs/Wild
Sharks/Kings
Rangers/Flyers

If the rangers win tomorrow and it's just the two western teams, the avs game could start at 6pm to allow TV for both games...

The Rangers/Flyers would play back to back nights?

That would suck..

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
I don't care about the game 7 thing, it's hockey. A lot of series go to game 7. This is what they earned home ice advantage for.

Division winners need to win a series though. I don't look at the Wild as a "lowly wild card", it's not about that. They've been a good team all year. Even though the Avs are inexperienced blah blah you have to take care of business, at least for the first round.

I like the advantage the Avs have at home, they'll have confidence. But obviously it could easily go either way. Sucks this all could be over in two days. Everything they worked for will be gone. In a lot of ways I just want to know, no more waiting. I wish I could be sedated until after the game.

Yeah, that's hard. It maybe over by Thursday. I just hope that they show up on Wednesday. They look kinda lost sometimes.

I agree that they have to win the first round, at least. But to me, they are trying. I think Minnesota has been the better team this series, but the Avs refused to quit. In some ways, it looks like Minnesota is the division champion and Avs is the underdog.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm not looking forward to Game 7...I thought for sure the Avs would dig down deep and gut out the win tonight, but they came out so disinterested in the 3rd, and all the momentum they had from that PP where they had some good looks just evaporated the moment it was over.

REALLY don't want them to lose to the Wild...not at home, not the series.

But I'm just not sure what to expect, tonight was a big letdown. Varly looked like he was fighting the puck all night (not sure what happened for him on that 2nd goal) and the soft as baby s**t play from the Defenseman have got to stop...I thought it would have after Game 3 but here we are, 3 games later and they're still making the same mistakes.

O'Reilly and McGinn had some prime opportunities to bury some chances and just couldn't find a way. MacKinnon looked like he was uninterested in playing at times, that was disappointing. In reality the Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon line has looked pretty bad since Game 2.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
As I keep reinforcing, let us take things one game at a time. I am really encouraged with the way we played Game 6. With the right matchups in Game 7 and having Matt Duchene back, we could play even better. It has been a good year for us already. Lots of awards to come.

Last edited:

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I'm not looking forward to Game 7...I thought for sure the Avs would dig down deep and gut out the win tonight, but they came out so disinterested in the 3rd, and all the momentum they had from that PP where they had some good looks just evaporated the moment it was over.

REALLY don't want them to lose to the Wild...not at home, not the series.

But I'm just not sure what to expect, tonight was a big letdown. Varly looked like he was fighting the puck all night (not sure what happened for him on that 2nd goal) and the soft as baby s**t play from the Defenseman have got to stop...I thought it would have after Game 3 but here we are, 3 games later and they're still making the same mistakes.

O'Reilly and McGinn had some prime opportunities to bury some chances and just couldn't find a way. MacKinnon looked like he was uninterested in playing at times, that was disappointing. In reality the Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon line has looked pretty bad since Game 2.

Dude. We played a much better game. Let us see what happens in Game 7. Even with the loss, the Avs took a step forward by taking it to Minnesota in a hostile environment. I think that is a big step. Do you not?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, that's hard. It maybe over by Thursday. I just hope that they show up on Wednesday. They look kinda lost sometimes.

I agree that they have to win the first round, at least. But to me, they are trying. I think Minnesota has been the better team this series, but the Avs refused to quit. In some ways, it looks like Minnesota is the division champion and Avs is the underdog.

No need to get down. Bruins had to play game 7 in the first round, against Montreal, before winning a Stanley Cup in 2011.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'd sub Hishon for Malone. Malone was pretty useless tonight. I thought McGinn and Talbot looked alright together. Had one dominant shift in the second period.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't like blaming the refs. Other than what Cooke did, it hasn't even been that bad. Both teams have gotten away with a lot.

Exactly. Both teams. And a lot.

The only thing that pisses me off (aside from Cooke's of course) is the chincy crap the refs are calling. Like spraying the goalie with five minutes to go in the 3rd of a one goal game, or MacKinnon doing what the Wild do on every shift in the neutral zone that lead to the first PP goal tonight in the 1st.

I mean way to put your stamp on a game with calls so early and late on horse ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad