Post-Game Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs. Los Angeles Kings - Jan. 22, 2013...part 2

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wilson quietly put up a very good game. Would love it if this was the sign that he's getting back into form after that nasty concussion last year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I hope this post is mostly sarcasm.

He makes good points.

-The Stastny line is basically invisible.
-Duchene is playing very well, but his line seems disjointed.
-EJ played like a beast.
-The Varlamov line is clearly sarcasm.

Sacco will likely stick with the lineup as is because we won and Sacco seems like one of those 'right foot in door first' superstitious kind of guys. But I would hope he mixes up the lines:

Jones-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Hejduk

The D needs to change quick. It needs more mobility and needs to be more transition-able. I never thought I'd say this but get Hunwick in there.

Kitchen Sink

Jul 13, 2011
Ohio
Gotta like the way Jones played tonight. Thought he played a good physical game and man, that snipe..

Looked deserving of that 4m.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
He makes good points.

-The Stastny line is basically invisible.
-Duchene is playing very well, but his line seems disjointed.
-EJ played like a beast.
-The Varlamov line is clearly sarcasm.

Sacco will likely stick with the lineup as is because we won and Sacco seems like one of those 'right foot in door first' superstitious kind of guys. But I would hope he mixes up the lines:

Jones-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Hejduk

The D needs to change quick. It needs more mobility and needs to be more transition-able. I never thought I'd say this but get Hunwick in there.

I wouldn't switch up the Duchene line. Took awhile for it to click but when it did, boy were they dangerous. Give the Stastny line another game and if they don't do anything against Columbus see what happens when Hejduk is on that line. Johnson seemed pretty offensive minded, smart though. Whenever there was a chance to score Johnson was down low in the offensive zone which surprised me but it didn't seem to burn him when he did.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
McGinn just looks rusty... when we get around game 5 and he still looks like this, then we can worry.

McGinn just isn't a top 6 forward. He is a flash in the pan.

I know that may be too early an assessment but he just isn't doing anything out there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
McGinn just isn't a top 6 forward. He is a flash in the pan.

I know that may be too early an assessment but he just isn't doing anything out there.

McGinn probably has the 2nd best shot on the team. He is a physical player that can shoot, and that is about all he can do... but on a line with Stastny and Jones that might be enough.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I wouldn't break up the Duchene line right now and there's no way I'm ever breaking up jones and Stastny. The Duchene line has looked okay and they're getting better. Jones has had chemistry with Stastny before and never with Duchene. After not working 2 games in, it would be idiotic to change a proven duo that fast. I still think we should trade both tho but that's a story for another day.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
McGinn probably has the 2nd best shot on the team. He is a physical player that can shoot, and that is about all he can do... but on a line with Stastny and Jones that might be enough.

Exactly. He can be a top 6 forward, and I'm surprised people think he can't when almost everyone had Gally pegged as a top 6 guy for years. Talk of changing lines 2 games in outside of hypothetical fan chatter is nuts, plain and simple.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'd leave the team as is for now. Let them build some chemistry.

I assume Chuckobasew in for Downie next game.

EDIT: I have no idea why thats quoted.

If Downie is out for an extended time, I'd give anything for Sgarbossa to get a chance with Mitchell and Hejduk instead of Kobasew. I know its not likely to happen but you never know.

Kitchen Sink

Jul 13, 2011
Ohio
I wouldn't break up the Duchene line right now and there's no way I'm ever breaking up jones and Stastny. The Duchene line has looked okay and they're getting better. Jones has had chemistry with Stastny before and never with Duchene. After not working 2 games in, it would be idiotic to change a proven duo that fast. I still think we should trade both tho but that's a story for another day.

^This. Jones and Duchene have never shown chemistry with each other. We've seen that experiment a few times now.

Give these lines a few games. No need for musical chairs just yet.

member 116861

What a game by Landeskog, he played like a true captain. Obviously he scored a big goal but he was hitting a lot, blocking every shot that he could and he made a ton of good defensive plays. There is still room for improvement offensively but I thought he played great on the other side of the puck and he was a lot better than he was on Saturday against the Wild.

Also a big game by Duchene, the guy was just explosive and that blocked shot was awesome. I don't know how many times he set up his teammates at the start of the 3rd before Landy finally scored.

Jones went into beast mode in the 3rd period. That shot was sick and it was our game winner. Also he was hitting a lot and they were big hits too plus he seems like he has regained his speed and is looking like the Jones of old. He also made that good play on the powerplay from the Johnson turnover where he rushed back and forced Clifford to rush his shot on his breakaway.

Stastny wasn't good offensively but I thought he was great defensively. The guy won so many 1 on 1 battles it reminded me of Brad Malone with the Monsters. Also the hustle he showed was awesome and he made some smart plays near the end of the game. How good was he on the faceoff dot? I don't know the stats but it seemed like he won every faceoff that he took.

Johnson was really good as well, defensively he was awesome and that assist he got was sick. When EJ goes down low in the offensive zone good things happen and he proved that today with his amazing pass to Parenteau. That turnover on the PP was bad but he was really good the rest of the game.

Also Hejda and O'Byrne need to make quicker decisions as to what they are going to do with the puck when they get it. I remember one play in the third where O'Byrne was after the puck but it took him so long to decide what he was going to do with the puck when he finally got it that the Kings player lifted his stick and took the puck away. Also Hejda made that horrible turnover near the end of the second where he was just skating in his own zone and couldn't decide what he wanted to do with the puck and he got checked by the Kings player which made him turn it over and the Kings got a good chance on goal. And Hejda also made that play where he was behind the net and for some reason he decided to come in front of the net and stickhandle and he turned the puck over but luckily the Kings didn't score. Why was he going in front of the net when the Kings were in our zone? Why didn't he clear it up the boards?

Lastly, Varly is a ****ing beast. I don't need to talk about it because everyone knows that he is a ****ing beast.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
159898954_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad