GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Columbus Blue Jackets Jan. 24/2013 7:00PM MST

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
If we lose it's all because of the crap music Rockies94 tried to call GDT music.

On the other hand, if we win it has nothing to do with the crap music he polluted this thread with.

tpedersen21

Jan 14, 2011
Minnesota
I love your GDTs. Do you just photoshop them or use something else? How long do they usually take you?

Hoping for a win tonight, but Columbus is a lot deeper than people give them credit for, we'll be testing ourselves out well. Let's go Varly!

Thanks, I do it all in photoshop and this took about an hour from start to post. I usually make them while procrastinating on school work :laugh:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
No. No they do not. They gave up 42 shots to the Phoenix Coyotes last night, a team not exactly known for their swarming attack. They appear to have some decent forward depth, but it's not a great mix IMO. But no, a defense anchored by James Wisniewski and Jack Johnson (who are being paid a combined prorated $10.5 million for Christ's sake) is not better than ours...and I'm the first to admit that our defensive corps is not good. Yeah, the Jax got a hell of a lot more offensive punch from their defense, but defensively it's a mess, as they proved last night.

They also have Tyutin, Savard, and Nikitin. They may not have an Erik Johnson but they actually have alot of decent and clearly underrated defenseman.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
They also have Tyutin, Savard, and Nikitin. They may not have an Erik Johnson but they actually have alot of decent and clearly underrated defenseman.

This. They have a lot more talent on the backend than we do. I would take EJ over anyone on their team, but then I would take JJ or Tyutin wayyyy ahead of our next best options.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Wasn't a fan of Tyutin when he was with the Rangers, still not a fan. Regardless of this, the Jax have $14.3 million tied up in a top three of Tyutin, Johnson, and Wisniewski. That's horrendous no matter how you cut it. Don't know enough about Savard and Moore to make a determination, but they should be getting a huge upgrade in Murray next year. But right now, this defense is bad. Really, really bad. So bad in fact they had to put a decent defenseman in Grant Clitsome on waivers last season so they could fit JJ onto the roster. Not sure why Scott Howson still has a job.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wasn't a fan of Tyutin when he was with the Rangers, still not a fan. Regardless of this, the Jax have $14.3 million tied up in a top three of Tyutin, Johnson, and Wisniewski. That's horrendous no matter how you cut it. Don't know enough about Savard and Moore to make a determination, but they should be getting a huge upgrade in Murray next year. But right now, this defense is bad. Really, really bad. So bad in fact they had to put a decent defenseman in Grant Clitsome on waivers last season so they could fit JJ onto the roster. Not sure why Scott Howson still has a job.

Those three would probably be better than our next three after Johnson.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
These are the kind of games the Avs just love to mess up.

Yup. :help:

We should win but I don't have a great feeling for that game.

One question remains: Are we one injury away from going away from the top 9 bottom 3 approach or will we start upping the icetime for our top 2 lines and use the top 6 bottom 6 approach

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't understand why Malone was recalled just to sit out.

With Kobasew in the lineup, they wouldn't have an extra forward to jump in the lineup in the case of an injury or illness. Not too many better options down with LEM.

He's old enough where he doesn't need to stay in Erie just to get 100% playing time. He may get in there as soon as next game anyway, if guys like Bordeleau, Olover, Kobasew, or even Hejduk have less then stellar games.

Pete Mitchell

"Watch the canopy!!"
Mar 26, 2008
Frederick, CO
Whats with CBJ's player nameplate being all caps except for the n, weird. :help:

63649.png

Fluke

Sep 27, 2009
Wheuuu, haven't been here in a while. So uh, yeah, go Avs and stuff. :)

Hopefully our forwards can build off last game and our D can figure their **** out. Varly, stay sick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad