GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Columbus Blue Jackets Jan. 24/2013 7:00PM MST

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yeah I think it was opponent more than anything. The problem is filling the upper bowl and it has been since our rebuild, though I would definitely know why anybody would not want to sit up there.
Strange, here in Finland the upper bowls are always more crowded than the lower bowl cause the price is so much cheaper (50% pretty much).
I always sit in the upper bowl (we only have 2, the lower and upper whereas you have 3 if I'm not mistaken) when I go with a friend or by myself. You see the ice so much better and it is much easier to read the game from up there.

Is the price difference not big enough to entice people to go up there? Maybe the Avs could try to sell some student/children tickets up in the upper bowl for a cheaper price to fill that one up as well?

ficohok*

Due to shorter season, what do you think how much games Varlamov will start ? I think he could get near 40 starts

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Due to shorter season, what do you think how much games Varlamov will start ? I think he could get near 40 starts

Probably closer to 35 than 40. The work horses around the league will probably get 43-44 games. Varlamov isn't there yet and probably will never be.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Strange, here in Finland the upper bowls are always more crowded than the lower bowl cause the price is so much cheaper (50% pretty much).
I always sit in the upper bowl (we only have 2, the lower and upper whereas you have 3 if I'm not mistaken) when I go with a friend or by myself. You see the ice so much better and it is much easier to read the game from up there.

Is the price difference not big enough to entice people to go up there? Maybe the Avs could try to sell some student/children tickets up in the upper bowl for a cheaper price to fill that one up as well?

It used to be, but I think when you go the Avs game, it's (now) more worth buying tickets in the lower bowl than upper.

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado
It used to be, but I think when you go the Avs game, it's (now) more worth buying tickets in the lower bowl than upper.

Sometimes if the lower bowl isn't filled up, they will give out free seat upgrades to bump people from the upper level to fill up the lower bowl so it looks better on television. Not sure how common this is, but it's happened to me once.

Aside from the super cheap seats at the end of the top bowl, the tickets for the upper level really aren't that much cheaper than the lower bowl. The end/corners of the lower bowl are $95 and $103 respectively. The tickets at center ice upper level are $59 for nosebleeds or $71 for the balcony.

If the Avs were smart they would have a few guys with stacks of upper level tickets go to local college campuses the day of games that they know won't sell well, and just start selling tickets at $10 to fill up the place. The Pepsi Center is downright morgue-like when there's only 13k fans there, and a bad atmosphere is damaging to their product. I've been to several Avs games that, were I not a fan, the atmosphere would've totally turned me off from going again.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah I think it was opponent more than anything. The problem is filling the upper bowl and it has been since our rebuild, though I would definitely know why anybody would not want to sit up there.

I used to have upper level tickets from '98-'06. The upper level almost always was full and many the lower level seats would regularly be empty. At that time to get to the lower seats you'd have to show your ticket to get into the lower level of McNichols & Pepsi Center. Not sure if its the same now days but the last few years the gamies I've attended games I've had tickets in the lower level. Maybe they've relaxed this allowing people from the upper level fill in the empty seats?

Speaking of tickets my wife has a voucher for tickets near the glass she bought for my birthday :yo: that was canceled because of the lockout :rant:. We need to cash that in now that #hockeyisback.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO
Sometimes if the lower bowl isn't filled up, they will give out free seat upgrades to bump people from the upper level to fill up the lower bowl so it looks better on television. Not sure how common this is, but it's happened to me once.

Aside from the super cheap seats at the end of the top bowl, the tickets for the upper level really aren't that much cheaper than the lower bowl. The end/corners of the lower bowl are $95 and $103 respectively. The tickets at center ice upper level are $59 for nosebleeds or $71 for the balcony.

If the Avs were smart they would have a few guys with stacks of upper level tickets go to local college campuses the day of games that they know won't sell well, and just start selling tickets at $10 to fill up the place. The Pepsi Center is downright morgue-like when there's only 13k fans there, and a bad atmosphere is damaging to their product. I've been to several Avs games that, were I not a fan, the atmosphere would've totally turned me off from going again.

See forget to hit submit and someone else answers...:handclap:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I'm not stoked that we're up against the Sharks next game, they've been ridiculously hot to start the season. Hopefully we can hold off their momentum. I kind of think SOB should be in for Hunwick in that game since they normally push us around a lot in our own zone.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm not stoked that we're up against the Sharks next game, they've been ridiculously hot to start the season. Hopefully we can hold off their momentum. I kind of think SOB should be in for Hunwick in that game since they normally push us around a lot in our own zone.

SJ are easily the biggest team in the NHL; both on average height and weight. A monstrous assembly of players. Not a big fan of his, but SOB should be back in the lineup. Hunwick will be useless against them.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
SJ are easily the biggest team in the NHL; both on average height and weight. A monstrous assembly of players. Not a big fan of his, but SOB should be back in the lineup. Hunwick will be useless against them.

Well to be fair I think SOB had his worst game last year against the Sharks despite scoring a goal.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver

This has never happened to me and I sit upper bowl 10+ games a year. Always cheap, crappy games against awful opponents.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Some Avs marketeers spotted me and a few friends making our way to upper bowl seats and asked if we'd like an upgrade. That was roughly four years ago. Haven't had an encounter like that in the few times I've gone to Pepsi Center since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->