mxmJZFk.jpg
J9HZjyj.jpg

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Must win. Columbus is playing second day in a row, Avalanche has fresh legs.. Time to win!

Damnit, I think I jinxed it.. Last year when we had to win and called the game "MUST WIN", we lost every time, maybe this year is different? Pls?

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Is it blacked out tonight? Currently working in Switzerland (but live in the UK), so hoping tonight's game isn't blacked out here! Premier Sports are showing roughly 2 games a night live, right?

How many games have been blacked out for you guys so far?
Living in Germany the only blacked out game I've noticed so far was the season opener LA vs CHI.
In Germany ESPN America (available via Sky) shows almost the same games as premier sports in the UK (tonight for example Rangers vs Boston) but I think none of those were blacked out for me so far.
Wouldn't be a tragedy either way as they most of the time only broadcast EC games.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I love your GDTs. Do you just photoshop them or use something else? How long do they usually take you?

Hoping for a win tonight, but Columbus is a lot deeper than people give them credit for, we'll be testing ourselves out well. Let's go Varly!

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Must win. Columbus is playing second day in a row, Avalanche has fresh legs.. Time to win!

Damnit, I think I jinxed it.. Last year when we had to win and called the game "MUST WIN", we lost every time, maybe this year is different? Pls?

We won the last game with a ton of negativity.

We are probably gonna lose 8-1 this game. Just sayin'.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO

We won the last game with a ton of negativity.

We are probably gonna lose 8-1 this game. Just sayin'.

... at the end of the first period. :scared:

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
I'm already fully convinced we will lose, it's just how Avs do things first beat Cup champions then lose vs a tired Blue Jackets...

AvsFanInBuffalo

Feb 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It'd be great to get another win here tonight and keep things going. It's obvious, but with the short season every game is much bigger. Gotta win the home games for sure, especially catching them on back to back.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Columbus has a better defense than we do and good forward depth, even if they lack a bit of star power up front.

Avs have their work cut out for them.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Stastny and Duchene collide while crossing the blue line and miss the rest of the game. Landeskog goes full viking and starts axing people with his stick and is ejected. Kevin Porter shows up inexplicably and plays great for the Avs, who win 1-0 on a Matt Hunwick dump-in that takes a weird bounce off the zamboni door.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Stastny and Duchene collide while crossing the blue line and miss the rest of the game. Landeskog goes full viking and starts axing people with his stick and is ejected. Kevin Porter shows up inexplicably and plays great for the Avs, who win 1-0 on a Matt Hunwick dump-in that takes a weird bounce off the zamboni door.

That's almost exactly what happened in a dream I had last night...

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
All I'll say is this: screw the blackout restrictions that are now on the British version of Gamecenter Live.

Is it blacked out tonight? Currently working in Switzerland (but live in the UK), so hoping tonight's game isn't blacked out here! Premier Sports are showing roughly 2 games a night live, right?

Guys just use the "Stealthy" browser extension on Chrome. Download it, turn it on, open the game, once the game starts turn stealthy off (It will slow down your speed if you don't) and away you go.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
The CBJ line-up listed is the one they used in the first two games. Last night, they swapped Dorsett and Atkinson, subbed Letestu in for MacKenzie, and Mason was in net. We all saw how that turned out.

Not sure whether they will fully go back to the original combos or not. Gilles and Savard have also been healthy scratches for the first three games. This will be game 2 in a section of 7 games in 11 nights for the CBJ, so they may shuffle in some of the bench guys.

Bobrovsky is expected in net.

Some issues for the CBJ thus far:
Umberger and Brassard have been playing below expectations.
Stupid penalties at stupid times
D-men aren't quite clicking yet and need to help clean up messes in front of the net better.
General chemistry isn't there yet with the forwards.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
The CBJ line-up listed is the one they used in the first two games. Last night, they swapped Dorsett and Atkinson, subbed Letestu in for MacKenzie, and Mason was in net. We all saw how that turned out.

Not sure whether they will fully go back to the original combos or not. Gilles and Savard have also been healthy scratches for the first three games. This will be game 2 in a section of 7 games in 11 nights for the CBJ, so they may shuffle in some of the bench guys.

D-men aren't quite clicking yet and need to help clean up messes in front of the net better.
General chemistry isn't there yet with the forwards

Sounds like Avs...

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

General chemistry isn't there yet with the forwards.

Do you guys have any players that have never scored a goal in the NHL?

If so, put them in. Avs are notorious for allowing players to get their first ever goal against us.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Do you guys have any players that have never scored a goal in the NHL?

If so, put them in. Avs are notorious for allowing players to get their first ever goal against us.

Has Bobrovsky? ;) Other than that, I think we're good. Technically the CBJ are the youngest team in the league, but we don't have any REALLY young guys that haven't seen action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad