GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Columbus Blue Jackets Jan. 24/2013 7:00PM MST

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Do you guys have any players that have never scored a goal in the NHL?

If so, put them in. Avs are notorious for allowing players to get their first ever goal against us.

Or giving up hattricks to everyone and their grandparents... Didn't Gaborik, Perry and Atkinson off the top of my head get them against us last year?

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Must win. Columbus is playing second day in a row, Avalanche has fresh legs.. Time to win!

Damnit, I think I jinxed it.. Last year when we had to win and called the game "MUST WIN", we lost every time, maybe this year is different? Pls?

i watched CLS game last night, they will have fresh legs too...trust me, they didn't "play" last night. that team no showed.

i fear the motivated team coming out working hard. they don't have much offensive punch though, so even with that i feel we can get this one.

4-2 COL

Lando, Stasny, EJ, Kobasew goals...

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
nononononnooono, NO. NO. No, no, just no. :shakehead

Workaholics-GIF-35.gif

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
4-1 Avs. Varly stands on his head. Avs offense take advantage of a tired CBJ defense. Hejduk, Stastny, Mitchell, Landy with the goals.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
4-1 Avs. Varly stands on his head. Avs offense take advantage of a tired CBJ defense. Hejduk, Stastny, Mitchell, Landy with the goals.

The sooner Hejduk can get that monkey off his back the better. It could really put the team in a bad spot if his drought continues to snowball from last year.

If the Avs don't have O'Reilly or Downie this year, it's imperative that he find some sort of scoring touch again.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
All I hope for is to play some more 5 on 5 or PP time this game.. we have been spending way too much time in the penalty box thus far.

Do we lead the league yet?

Edit: Not yet. Been shortanded 13 times, vs 17 times for the lead league.

HOWEVER we DO lead the league in Powerplay Time - PK Time at -11:34. Ridiculous. Team leading the league the other way is +11:23

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
4-0 Avs win tonight. Dutchy and staz each with 2 points, varly will be a brick wall, and landy will be in viking mode.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Columbus has a better defense than we do and good forward depth, even if they lack a bit of star power up front.

No. No they do not. They gave up 42 shots to the Phoenix Coyotes last night, a team not exactly known for their swarming attack. They appear to have some decent forward depth, but it's not a great mix IMO. But no, a defense anchored by James Wisniewski and Jack Johnson (who are being paid a combined prorated $10.5 million for Christ's sake) is not better than ours...and I'm the first to admit that our defensive corps is not good. Yeah, the Jax got a hell of a lot more offensive punch from their defense, but defensively it's a mess, as they proved last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad