Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
LOL somebody at Comcast just realized the Avs might win the Cup this year. :laugh:
Comcast doesn't care about anything but the money in this deal. If something changes, I imagine it’s on Altitude’s end.

The only NHL team Comcast cares about is the Flyers and that’s because they own the team. Since the Flyers could also win the Cup this year, I promise you that’s where their energy is going.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean does it really matter anymore? The games aren't being blacked out now and I don't have to listen to Moser.

Win to the effin' win as far as I am concerned.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I honestly don't see what the big deal is with Moser and McNab.

There's only like one or two play by play guys and analysts that I actually really like to listen to. Everyone else just serves as people to watch the game with, and make it entertaining.

I want to listen to people with a history in the game, and with the Avalanche, so they can put into proper context how good the current players and team are. Not just praise them because they're the home team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I honestly don't see what the big deal is with Moser and McNab.

They are annoying and I don't like my hockey games to look like infomercials.

Honestly the only American play by play/analyst duo that I like are the Dallas ones...and they are still nowhere near Sportsnet or TSN level.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They are annoying and I don't like my hockey games to look like infomercials.

Honestly the only American play by play/analyst duo that I like are the Dallas ones...and they are still nowhere near Sportsnet or TSN level.

Yeah we just have different views on them then, because I find basically nothing about them that reaches the level of annoyance for me.

Moser says silly things cause he's a goofball, and they both get players numbers/names wrong, but those are things that roll off my back pretty easily.

The anti Comcast thing was stupid, but it wasn't pushed aggressively for very long. It became more of a passive thing in the background, after I'm sure Altitude got plenty of negative feedback.

Reactions: McMetal

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Here's something to get the thread on the right track from the beginning
G5M3iCs.jpg

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I can handle McNab but Moser is awful. On the front of Comcast working out a potential deal with Altitude who cares at this point? People who are interested enough have figured out ways around it and the damage has already been done. With the decline in cable and Corona Virus I am not sure how long Altitude lasts unless Kroenke just throws good money after bad.

Reactions: BrickNHL

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Am I missing something here? Usually NBC takes over broadcasting after the first round anyway, so the games will no longer be able to be blacked out by Altitude in Colorado. Weird that the dam would break now after Altitude loses all their leverage.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Am I missing something here? Usually NBC takes over broadcasting after the first round anyway, so the games will no longer be able to be blacked out by Altitude in Colorado. Weird that the dam would break now after Altitude loses all their leverage.
I don’t know how it works on the NBA side, but Altitude is irrelevant now until the next season starts for Avs fans. And for many of them, they’ve found other avenues to watch.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don’t know how it works on the NBA side, but Altitude is irrelevant now until the next season starts for Avs fans. And for many of them, they’ve found other avenues to watch.
That's what I thought. Altitude was playing chicken with Comcast, and now they've lost an entire season. This has been a circus with clowns on both sides since the beginning.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kinda sad seeing the great George Richards and also Craig Morgan have to start their own subscription websites after getting axed by The Athletic. I'd almost pay for Richards' just to read his stuff--he's that good IMO--but I just can't justify the cost. Hopefully they get hired someplace I can actually read their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad