Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Does Dater get any benefit from being on site? I don't want to crap on him because I appreciate the effort and all but he doesn't seem to gain anything from it. He's talking to the coach/players on Zoom like everyone else...his only perk appears to be being able to watch the game in an empty arena instead of on TV.
He says it has increased his subscription so I suppose that was his goal. I think he is looking forward to saying "I was there" for the rest of his life. It's future ammunition.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Does Dater get any benefit from being on site? I don't want to crap on him because I appreciate the effort and all but he doesn't seem to gain anything from it. He's talking to the coach/players on Zoom like everyone else...his only perk appears to be being able to watch the game in an empty arena instead of on TV.

He's not sitting in 95/100 degree heat with smokey ash raining down on him.... wish I were in Edmonton too

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are you living next to an active volcano?

Edit: some wildfires in CO I guess.
Bruv it's really bad here, there's ashes falling on my car and yesterday there was so much smoke it looked like precipitation rain shafts all around Colorado to the point you couldn't see the foothills.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bruv it's really bad here, there's ashes falling on my car and yesterday there was so much smoke it looked like precipitation rain shafts all around Colorado to the point you couldn't see the foothills.
Sucks.
I'm trying to stay away from the news these days and not knowing about stuff like that is the downside.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Some pictures of said fires. One is from my moms house and the other was a picture she got sent. It’s some crazy shit.
upload_2020-8-19_12-36-26.jpeg

upload_2020-8-19_12-36-56.jpeg

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sucks.
I'm trying to stay away from the news these days and not knowing about stuff like that is the downside.
Hoping all the Colorado folks on this board are safe.
Majority of the wildfires are in the mountains, but the natural wind orientation is to blow from west to east across the state which is carrying smoke and ashes along with it to the metro area. Yesterday it smelled like a campfire and this has been like the fifth day or so to have that odor. There has also been an air quality alert for the population every day for the last month and a half.

If I remember correctly the problem is that the Southwest USA got an El Nina from the Pacific Ocean. That's pretty significant because it causes hotter temperatures and droughts in that region that includes CO, which then increases wildfire potential. It's been an extremely dry summer thus far after a period of one to two week wet period in July and it seems it will continue to be dry in fall as well. El Nino's tend to be the opposite for the region bringing rainforest-esque storms to Colorado due to the influx of humidity.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I helped my sister move up to Fort Collins this last weekend, and it looked like f***ing Mordor there. Ash snowing from the sky, visibility less than a mile, it was awful. I kind of like the smell of wood smoke, especially pine, but the burning in my eyes is less appealing. At least here in Boulder it's relatively clear most days, although I still have ash on my car some mornings.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Is anyone else starting to find it tiresome how the media is pushing this Kadri narrative so hard?

He’s been a marvelous addition to the team and I appreciate what he’s doing. Having said that, it feels like the Toronto centric hockey media wants to push this angle exclusively. Like I said, it’s tiresome.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is anyone else starting to find it tiresome how the media is pushing this Kadri narrative so hard?

He’s been a marvelous addition to the team and I appreciate what he’s doing. Having said that, it feels like the Toronto centric hockey media wants to push this angle exclusively. Like I said, it’s tiresome.
Amen. F*** the Toronto media ghouls, Kadri doesn't even play in their conference anymore and they're still dogging on him and bringing up his past mistakes as if it's at all relevant to his new team. Let the man have a fresh start away from the vultures in that town.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario

Not at all. It hasn't even been a year since the trade. media and posters can't debate on a trade that's not even a year old?

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not at all. It hasn't even been a year since the trade. media and posters can't debate on a trade that's not even a year old?
I think it's more about them constantly bringing up his previous suspensions and lack of production in Toronto. It just feels passive-aggressive and it doesn't have any relevance to the series or the team anymore.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yeah it is getting annoying, but why am I not surprised. Toronto media is going to be all over our junk all playoffs. Their entire fan base is living vicariously through Kadri, and their media knows it. However their fans like Kadri, and the media is asking questions in the opposite sentiment.

Amen. F*** the Toronto media ghouls, Kadri doesn't even play in their conference anymore and they're still dogging on him and bringing up his past mistakes as if it's at all relevant to his new team. Let the man have a fresh start away from the vultures in that town.

I think it's more about them constantly bringing up his previous suspensions and lack of production in Toronto. It just feels passive-aggressive and it doesn't have any relevance to the series or the team anymore.

Yeah it is just relentless, and so obviously done in a way of "Why couldn't you do this in Toronto." It was amusing at first, but with the realization they likely won't leave us alone. I'm over it, and there is no debating the trade anymore.

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad