Colorado 2022 Reverse Retro

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Why not just re announce the ones from last year and actually make them available to buy? Would sell more than these will.

The fact that we still can’t buy a white home jersey speaks volumes to missing the point and easy money.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Why do they have to wear a crap version of the Colorado flag? Some intern was lazy as f with the design.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Arguably the most recognizable brand in the world disagrees.
Doesn't mean I have to like it or that it is a good combination of colors. When McD started their logo maybe those colors where the trend.

FTR I don't have too much problems with the jersey itself. It's not great. I wouldn't buy it for sure. It's the logo I don't like.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
if you arent a local or havent spent much/any time here i can see these sweaters seeming odd, but the colorado flag is pretty ubiquitous around the state, and the colors/design are used a lot so its a natural pairing

solid jersey 7.5/10

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Doesn't mean I have to like it or that it is a good combination of colors. When McD started their logo maybe those colors where the trend.
Red and yellow grab our attention the most, which is why they are used in traffic signs and stuff. And also Shell, Mastercard, Lay's, DHL...

But yeah this logo is not ideal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is he color blind or?
Yup... so is Grubi IIRC.

(and Hart, Lazar, and Schultz too I think)

Also... apparently Foppa was mostly blind in one eye too ala Soda.

the-more.gif

Reactions: UncleRisto

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I literally got the last Nuke jersey (third) on opening night last Wednesday, so I'm gonna pass this time (also have a Makar of the first Retro).

Had they just done a blue Nordiques, I would have ordered one

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Didn't realize until earlier today that they're using the original, more jagged number font on these. That's a nice touch.

Pretty sure they're using the design of the entire 1995 jersey as the primary inspiration, just with the "C" logo and the obvious Colorado state flag colors.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pretty sure they're using the design of the entire 1995 jersey as the primary inspiration, just with the "C" logo and the obvious Colorado state flag colors.
Oh I didn’t even realize the “mountain stripes” disappear into the collar on the back on these. I thought they leveled off like the current home/away jerseys. Interesting.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This is just commentary on marketing, but looking at a side-by-side reveal of all the jerseys, I find it kind of amusing that Adidas released these jerseys worn by five different random models, and none of them are a white male. I'm sure those are pretty much the mathematics with buyers, too...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is just commentary on marketing, but looking at a side-by-side reveal of all the jerseys, I find it kind of amusing that Adidas released these jerseys worn by five different random models, and none of them are a white male. I'm sure those are pretty much the mathematics with buyers, too...
Dan Near from Adidas actually mentioned that in an article for the Athletic.

You all know that hockey has a lot of traditions and rigidity around what is acceptable and what’s not, but this is the type of initiative that is designed to say, “We’re gonna bring some younger people, some more diverse people.” You saw the diversity in models and the styling and the music that we used to launch this thing. It’s not a coincidence. This is all about growing the game if you speak in a really, really broad sense.​

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad