Pre-Game Talk: Cologne check in thread day 2. Oilers jerseys out in full force

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Spoken from someone seemingly never married...

Good on Lagu, would have done the same. Wife is boss when it comes to that sort of thing..

She'd get a bit nervous with me around a bunch of Fraulein..not that she needs to. Just my eyes wander. Then I grab them and put them back in my sockets..

Reactions: Aerrol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Good on Lagu, would have done the same. Wife is boss when it comes to that sort of thing..

She'd get a bit nervous with me around a bunch of Fraulein..not that she needs to. Just my eyes wander. Then I grab them and put them back in my sockets..

Congrats

You have done what no one else has done

This is my last post on this site

Congrats

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
What happened man? Just a couple of post ago you were moralizing me for proposing a couple a beers before I had to drive home...

Maybe I should have put a :sarcasm: behind my post, it wasn't my wife who decided that I had to go, it was me. Two sick kids at home, one which I wanted to bring with me to the game but couldn't in the end. My wife would never ask me to skip this game, but she also knows that she doesn't have to ask me to get back asap due to the circumstances.

Anyway, enjoy Koln.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Congrats

You have done what no one else has done

This is my last post on this site

Congrats

Not everyone is aware of you marital past JTS. My father was married and divorced twice before he found the woman that was right for him (so it seems) as they've been together longer than both of his previous marriages combined. For those of us that truly cherish our spouses and families, we try not to do things to jeopardize losing them. Nothing wrong with enjoying the single life when you are singe, but expecting a happily married man with a young family to go to a brothel just doesn't make sense to me.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

JTS has been married before, however as far as I know he is single at the moment, I tend to agree with you that I wouldn't want to go to something like that as my eyes would definitely wander and I'd rather not have the drama that such a thing could bring when you know full well that it's not an advisable thing to do in the first place. Now if the wife was at a male strip club or something, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander (mind you it'd still be look but don't touch).

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not everyone is aware of you marital past JTS. My father was married and divorced twice before he found the woman that was right for him (so it seems) as they've been together longer than both of his previous marriages combined. For those of us that truly cherish our spouses and families, we try not to do things to jeopardize losing them. Nothing wrong with enjoying the single life when you are singe, but expecting a happily married man with a young family to go to a brothel just doesn't make sense to me.

Yikes...no kidding.

I cant believe that this isnt an obvious no brainer. :huh:

Hell...I am single and couldn't be bothered going. No judgement but it is most certainly not for me. :nod:

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yikes...no kidding.

I cant believe that this isnt an obvious no brainer. :huh:

Hell...I am single and couldn't be bothered going. No judgement but it is most certainly not for me. :nod:

If I was still single I'd sooner find a woman that likes me (not an easy task!) than having to pay for it. That said, much better to pay for it than assault a woman or child. What happens between consulting adults is none of my damn business as far as I'm concerned.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If I was still single I'd sooner find a woman that likes me (not an easy task!) than having to pay for it. That said, much better to pay for it than assault a woman or child. What happens between consulting adults is none of my damn business as far as I'm concerned.

Completely agree.
I am looking for something with a little more (a lot more) meaning but thats just me.

That said if someone has to do that to avoid assaulting an innocent human then there are much bigger issues at hand.

As you said though...none of my (our) business but I am just a little stunned about the offer.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Completely agree.
I am looking for something with a little more (a lot more) meaning and value but thats just me.

That said if someone has to do that to avoid assaulting an innocent human then there are much bigger issues at hand.

As you said though...none of my (our) business but I am just a little stunned about the offer.

Same here.

I agree, however it's still the better outcome if it's one or the other.

Single man on vacation thinking vs. married man thinking IMO.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I went to Cologne last year during the WHC. It was an incredible time and the German folks were so kind to me it was great.

Hope anyone there is enjoying it

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
JTS has been married before, however as far as I know he is single at the moment, I tend to agree with you that I wouldn't want to go to something like that as my eyes would definitely wander and I'd rather not have the drama that such a thing could bring when you know full well that it's not an advisable thing to do in the first place. Now if the wife was at a male strip club or something, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander (mind you it'd still be look but don't touch).

Thanks Bryan, didn't know anything about him really. Certainly didn't mean to touch any nerve and like others just jk around but married or not I don't subscribe to some of what was suggested in this thread.

mind you I've never had to buy it... what, wuts he saying, say no more, nudge, wink.

hey, is it just me or has this thread gotten about 20 posts short. I don't want to contribute to any scrubbing.

cheers all

and don't look at this post too intently..;)

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
What happened man? Just a couple of post ago you were moralizing me for proposing a couple a beers before I had to drive home...

Maybe I should have put a :sarcasm: behind my post, it wasn't my wife who decided that I had to go, it was me. Two sick kids at home, one which I wanted to bring with me to the game but couldn't in the end. My wife would never ask me to skip this game, but she also knows that she doesn't have to ask me to get back asap due to the circumstances.

Anyway, enjoy Koln.

So she read the post blaming her, eh? ;)

Oct 15, 2008
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad