Pre-Game Talk: Cologne check in thread day 2. Oilers jerseys out in full force

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think our dutiful in Germany correspondents are drunk again... I feel like we're carrying this thread in Edmonton, harrumph.

We all went to bed at midnight

As for those amused by the fact I came without a ticket. I had lots of fun meeting and drinking with oilers fans yesterday. Looks like it is kissing with rain today so no outdoor cafes today

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Oilers jerseys out in full force todau
The Oil drafting Drai certainly helped. :nod: I knew no other fellow German caring about Edmonton for more than 30 years prior to Leon getting it going in Alberta. I don't mind it, though.
Guess Oilers jerseys will be a safe bet in Gothenburg aswell, can't wait to arrive up there. :D

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oil drafting Drai certainly helped. :nod: I knew no other fellow German caring about Edmonton for more than 30 years prior to Leon getting it going in Alberta. I don't mind it, though.
Guess Oilers jerseys will be a safe bet in Gothenburg aswell, can't wait to arrive up there. :D

You mean to tell me soccer players like Owen Hargreaves or Alphonso Davies never made any waves down there? I don't think that's accurate. Plus many German tourists care about visiting Alberta, seeing the Rockies and always have. Maybe more pronounced back in time, as a lot of expatriates live here and so there are connections here.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
There loads of old guys here with Gretzky jersey's though. So it cannot have been a completely unknown team/town.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sun, leaves still quite green, guys in t-shirts :(

On a side note could you take some pics of the arena inside? Concourse area and such. Always like to see the different layouts

Theres lots of videos like this, but a bit annoying that only video gamers film this kind of thing and with their own particular slant.

Reactions: GameChanger

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
You mean to tell me soccer players like Owen Hargreaves or Alphonso Davies never made any waves down there? I don't think that's accurate. Plus many German tourists care about visiting Alberta, seeing the Rockies and always have. Maybe more pronounced back in time, as a lot of expatriates live here and so there are connections here.
Nah man, I was only talking about hockey in this case. The Oilers always lacked the amount of attention the Leafs, Pens and Sharks got around here. Drai certainly bosted the number of Germans with Oilers jerseys beside old #99's. That's all I ment.. :cheers:

.. and Tobi scores!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad