Coliseum Thread

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
How have the LI demographics changed in the last 10 years?
I didn't need a Newsday article to tell me it but I just googled it and the numbers from 2010 to 2017 show it. If someone mostly hangs out in one town on Long island you maybe won't notice it but Long island is the most preferred place to move in the whole country for imigrants. The isles have never had good attendance outside of the cup years. Now they have a shrinking customer population, with a new building a few years away. So for instance, if they don't get great attendance this year, how is it better in ten years with even less customers? In business, marketing departments pay attention to the potential customers. If 65% of the population in ten years would never watch hockey under any circumstances, that's going to be tough to overcome.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
What is that scoreboard doing in the center of the ice?! And why the hell are all of the seats facing the ice?!?!

:thumbu:

I did hear a crazy rumor that they'll keep the arena at a rather uncomfortably balmy 60 degrees in the stands. Ridiculous...clearly they don't understand that if the temperature in the arena goes above 35 degrees, the ice will be mush! :sarcasm:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I didn't need a Newsday article to tell me it but I just googled it and the numbers from 2010 to 2017 show it. If someone mostly hangs out in one town on Long island you maybe won't notice it but Long island is the most preferred place to move in the whole country for imigrants. The isles have never had good attendance outside of the cup years. Now they have a shrinking customer population, with a new building a few years away. So for instance, if they don't get great attendance this year, how is it better in ten years with even less customers? In business, marketing departments pay attention to the potential customers. If 65% of the population in ten years would never watch hockey under any circumstances, that's going to be tough to overcome.
:help:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Mostly from Canada. We're gold baby. Gold, I tell ya.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Its Long Island, everyone drinks and drives.

I seriously hope people don't drink and drive after Saturday night's game. On another note, I would love to experience one game in Nassau Coliseum; it would be a different feel compared to Rogers Arena, where there is limited parking around the immediate vicinity.

Meanwhile, Hub developers pitch 'new suburbia' for site

'By Robert Brodsky[email protected] @BrodskyRobertUpdated November 28, 2018 8:04 AM (EST)

Scott Rechler, chairman and CEO of Uniondale-based RXR Realty and Brett Yormark, chief executive of Brooklyn-based BSE Global, also promised to sign a project labor agreement to use unionized workers on the development, eliciting cheers from labor members in the crowded hearing room...

The developers' plans call for the construction of 500 units of housing, geared primarily toward millennials; 600,000 square feet of office and biotech research space; two hotels and 200,000 square feet of entertainment options and "experiential retail," stores that provide additional services for customers such as yoga and cooking classes...

A newly-proposed 50,000- to 60,000-square-foot concert venue, to be known as Long Island Fame, would be designed to attract locally-raised artists, performers and athletes, Rechler said.
The GOP-controlled Legislature is expected to vote next month on an amended lease that, if approved, would allow the developers to jump start the planning process. But to begin construction, the developers would need additional legislative approval once a lease agreement is reached with the county and plans are finalized with unions and surrounding communities...'

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I seriously hope people don't drink and drive after Saturday night's game. On another note, I would love to experience one game in Nassau Coliseum; it would be a different feel compared to Rogers Arena, where there is limited parking around the immediate vicinity.

Try to make the trip - you'll have a few years to do so now! It's got a real old school feeling that's hard to replicate. Because of the building design, when it gets loud, it gets really loud. The sightlines are almost all great.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I just took a peek at the TM availability - there are 4 rows in Sect 224 that are limited viewing and still available (they may have just released them). I guess those are the modern day section 302 where you thought you were getting these low row center ice seats (which would otherwise be the best bang for your buck in the joint) and instead the camera guy in front of you blocked about 40% of the ice. Everyone made that mistake once.

I'm wondering what's up with that - I'm looking at section 222 and it's the same thing for the seats that are available in the first three rows - "limited view of ice seating." Also 224, row 8 has a seat that is not marked as limited, but there are two seats in row 9 that are? What the heck? For some reason in the later games at NYCB on Ticketmaster I don't see any of these seats as marked. Is this a glitch?

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Isles put a winning product on the ice, and they will come. Quite simple, really.

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Will be there tailgating and streaming the SEC championship. Got my skinny jeans.
Strong....You planning on getting there earlier than 2 hours before game time? They say the lots only open then but I can't imagine they'll enforce it. They also say no grills - that's kind of bullshit. Did they used to say that? I know I've grilled there before.

If the rain holds off, I wouldn't mind getting in some tailgating and I'd also like to be inside with enough time for any pregame festivities/tomfoolery. 4pm seems like a good target with that all in mind....if they let us in.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Strong....You planning on getting there earlier than 2 hours before game time? They say the lots only open then but I can't imagine they'll enforce it. They also say no grills - that's kind of bull****. Did they used to say that? I know I've grilled there before.

If the rain holds off, I wouldn't mind getting in some tailgating and I'd also like to be inside with enough time for any pregame festivities/tomfoolery. 4pm seems like a good target with that all in mind....if they let us in.
I feel like this is all bullshit that is never enforced.

That lot is never closed. Im sure you can go there at 1pm and drive right in and start tailgating. At least that's how it always was. I've also grilled there a ton of times along with hundreds of other people.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Strong....You planning on getting there earlier than 2 hours before game time? They say the lots only open then but I can't imagine they'll enforce it. They also say no grills - that's kind of bull****. Did they used to say that? I know I've grilled there before.

No, I'll probably watch the first half of SEC and leave at halftime, which would get me there around 6. Just enough time for some pregame beverages in the car. Stream the second half until heading in around 6:30. The 4pm start messes me up.

Roll Tide and LGI

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
I feel like this is all bull**** that is never enforced.

That lot is never closed. Im sure you can go there at 1pm and drive right in and start tailgating. At least that's how it always was. I've also grilled there a ton of times along with hundreds of other people.
There’s also no fence on the Charles Lindbergh side. Idk if they’re putting up a temporary fence. So if you have a truck just hop the curb. I’m bringing a grill. I never had a problem before. But I’ve also never had a problem bringing a lighter into a sporting event. Woman at Barclays made me throw it away. Ive been to over 500 sporting events and that was a first!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Its Nassau, I'm sure they will be out there by noon, having people pay the $20 to park.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Lots of people brought grills for the two preseason games, and nobody gave them a problem, so go ahead. Also I agree the parking lot time probably won't be enforced too strictly.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Its Nassau, I'm sure they will be out there by noon, having people pay the $20 to park.

It used to be that if you got to Giants Stadium before 7am, it would be free. Can't do that anymore.

Thanks alot Bin Laden.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
image.JPG

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
:thumbu:

I did hear a crazy rumor that they'll keep the arena at a rather uncomfortably balmy 60 degrees in the stands. Ridiculous...clearly they don't understand that if the temperature in the arena goes above 35 degrees, the ice will be mush! :sarcasm:

This aint Brooklyn! We didn't look for people to run their ice ops on Linked In!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad