Coliseum Thread

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Lines are no problem whatsoever, but be sure to wear your skinny jeans.

nassau-col-3.jpg

That looks about the number of people there for an Isles game mid-week. Well dressed tho!

Reactions: SteveH124

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Does it matter? As long as the tickets are sold who gives a **** how much someone paid?

My point is, they felt the need to give incentives in order to sell out the first 3 home games. It's not about ticket price, it's about interest level. When there's a demand for tickets, teams don't have to give anything in order to sell them.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Will BMW Mike still be selling the primo tickets in between the blue lines for 20% of face still? If so, will his wife still be sitting disinterestedly in the car when you meet him at a gas station on the side of the LIE?

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Check again. Using the Ticketmaster site and filtering out the verified resale seats there appears to be just a handful of box office tickets available as of 12:30 PM today.

Maybe they were released to BSE's own reseller. Who knows...
LOL. This morning there were a ton more. Now... you are correct, and most of what's left is "limited view." Good to see. A certain cretin on twitter has been making a thing about the game not selling out. Hate to give him any ammunition.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
LOL. This morning there were a ton more. Now... you are correct, and most of what's left is "limited view." Good to see. A certain cretin on twitter has been making a thing about the game not selling out. Hate to give him any ammunition.

Unfortunately he would think that way and try to make a big deal of it regardless. There's no rational conversation to be had there.

Reactions: denis5

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Will BMW Mike still be selling the primo tickets in between the blue lines for 20% of face still? If so, will his wife still be sitting disinterestedly in the car when you meet him at a gas station on the side of the LIE?

I texted him months ago, asking if he'll have tix for the Coli games -- sadly -- no response!

WorkHahdPlayHahd

Mar 7, 2016
I texted him months ago, asking if he'll have tix for the Coli games -- sadly -- no response!
Can I ask who this BMW mike guy is? Sounds like an interesting back story lol.

EDIT: Looked it up on the boards, Too funny! Although I've never noticed him!

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
I’ll be there, I have a pop up camping bathroom tent, and a five gallon bucket with a toilet seat for the ladies. It’s pretty classy lol

Reactions: SteveH124

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
My point is, they felt the need to give incentives in order to sell out the first 3 home games. It's not about ticket price, it's about interest level. When there's a demand for tickets, teams don't have to give anything in order to sell them.
The interest level is there otherwise they wouldn’t be closing in on a sellout. The market had to correct itself because nobody wanted to pay BSE’s inflated prices without some perks.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’m in the process of taking him down.:naughty:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I’m in the process of taking him down.:naughty:

If this is the Fan Central guy, you'll never get any sort of acknowledgement from him that he's wrong. The account is troll level and exists pretty much solely to rag on LI fans. Not to mention he seems unstable from day to day. But otherwise go for it!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If this is the Fan Central guy, you'll never get any sort of acknowledgement from him that he's wrong. The account is troll level and exists pretty much solely to rag on LI fans. Not to mention he seems unstable from day to day. But otherwise go for it!
No, he blocked me a few years ago. I mean his long haired sycophant.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Compton tweeted the horn at the coliseum won’t be a recording. I can’t imagine they’re transporting it back and forth so they must have gotten a second horn

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He's in my phone still as Islanders Mike. I used to try to explain to people how we'd get tickets and they never quite understood. "So....you just call this guy and you meet him somewhere in Queens or in the Coliseum parking lot and he has a stack of tickets about 3 inches thick and they're pretty much the best seats in the house for about $50....and he's driving a 7-series BMW? Yeah - that's pretty much it."

crasherino

May 9, 2013

I just took a peek at the TM availability - there are 4 rows in Sect 224 that are limited viewing and still available (they may have just released them). I guess those are the modern day section 302 where you thought you were getting these low row center ice seats (which would otherwise be the best bang for your buck in the joint) and instead the camera guy in front of you blocked about 40% of the ice. Everyone made that mistake once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad