Player Discussion Colin White RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yes you may,

Essentially if you signed a contract when you are 18 or 19 which White did .. You need at least 10 games in the NHL for it to be considered professional experience

White signed in 2016-17 when he was 19 but did not play 10 games
2017-18 is one professional season
2018-19 is one professional season

Players signing at the age of 18-21 need 3 professional seasons to qualify as an RFA .

Both Aho and Marner have played pro for 3 years.

Thank you, appreciate the knowledge

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Senators still trying to lock up Colin White for the long-term

Who knows what to believe coming out of Dorion's pie hole .. I am sure they'd love to sign him long term at low dollars. Hopefully White gets a deal he is happy with. I imagine White's camp would want more than the Sens will want to pay on a long term deal. White obviously wants to play, so I think they settle on a bridge. Chabot on the other hand is the guy they should make a priority. I wouldn't play the waiting , hope for the best game there.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nothing for the next few weeks ... I predict a take it or leave it $1.9 + $2.1 two year offer or holdout into camp.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
https://thehockeywriters.com/senators-white-next-contract-projection/

This article suggests 3.15 AAV two years or 6 years 4.95 AAV

I think the 3.15 over 2 is a good contract for White's camp. I don't think the Sens want to pay him that much.. my guess is the Sens would like something closer to 2 AAV

Over 6 is a tougher call. If I am White I want the short term closer to 3 AAV and something at 5+ over 6.

I can't see them not compromising in the neighborhood of 2.5-2.75 AAV over 2. Anything less than 2.5 should be for 1 year if I am Colin White.

Reactions: Variable26

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

I think the 3.15 over 2 is a good contract for White's camp. I don't think the Sens want to pay him that much.. my guess is the Sens would like something closer to 2 AAV

Over 6 is a tougher call. If I am White I want the short term closer to 3 AAV and something at 5+ over 6.

I can't see them not compromising in the neighborhood of 2.5-2.75 AAV over 2. Anything less than 2.5 should be for 1 year if I am Colin White.
I think it is somewhat realistic that White is moved for someone with term if the negotiations continue to go poorly.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The negotiations are going poorly? Do you have a source for that statement?
Source: no contract

There are 2 possible permutations for an agreement in this case. Low AAV for low years, or higher AAV for more term. Certainly not a complicated contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

The 6 year deal is the one they should absolutely be doing, also shows Tkachuk and Chabot commitment to the core.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The White contract will be interesting.

I’m not sure teams or agents have a good handle on what the market looks like for RFA’s right now. Unfortunately for the teams, it only takes one GM to panic and the market goes up.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White may never be worth $5 million / year let alone a guaranteed $5 million for 5-6 years. These numbers sound like what White’s Camp would want. He isn’t unlike any of the other RFA’s that haven’t signed. Clearly teams are offering significantly less and middle tier players are trying to move the market closer to the elite RFA’s.

The problem is White’s 14G can be hedged by someone at replacement level at $800 000 before risking a $30 million boat anchor.

If PD gives White $30 million and he averages out as a 17G player we will never be able to keep any player.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Takes him to UFA but should be a steal of a contract within 2 years if true

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The team committing to White long-term would finally be a , albeit measured, source for optimism.
The team better lock up its young talent and this is the first significant step(if true).

Reactions: Smeddy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That would be a pretty good deal

I have my doubts that White will progress beyond anything more than a 40-50P guy, but with his great defensive game that would make him a solid 2nd line forward, and well worth 4.75M a year with a 80M+ cap.

Reactions: Vprime

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Good stuff. I dislike the contracts that take players smacked into the UFA period, but there's not much you can do with a 22 year old.

This was always the easier of the two - let's get Chabot committed to 8 years, 9.5 and we'll actually have something to look forward to with this darn team.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
That would be a pretty good deal

I have my doubts that White will progress beyond anything more than a 40-50P guy, but with his great defensive game that would make him a solid 2nd line forward, and well worth 4.75M a year with a 80M+ cap.

I see White as a 2nd C playing 2nd PP, 1st PK.

If he has to do more than that, it's because some player haven't devellop as they should, IMO.

Like you said, if he do 50 pts a season while being a great Pker, 2nd PP guy.

4.75 AAV would be great. I could see him do more then 50 pts, but IMO, it would be because he plays with elite talent. He isn't a driver, but he follow well.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
With the competition on a young club. White has opted for some financial security. If everything works out he can still cash in when this contract expires. I see it as a win-win. A fair deal for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad