Player Discussion Colin White RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
The 6 year deal is the one they should absolutely be doing, also shows Tkachuk and Chabot commitment to the core.
Good call Bert. I really like the 6 years for that exact reason. This is the first player who has officially signed up for the rebuild and wants to be a part of what hopefully becomes a consistent contender starting in 3 years. Really excited about this signing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
White may never be worth $5 million / year let alone a guaranteed $5 million for 5-6 years. These numbers sound like what White’s Camp would want. He isn’t unlike any of the other RFA’s that haven’t signed. Clearly teams are offering significantly less and middle tier players are trying to move the market closer to the elite RFA’s.

The problem is White’s 14G can be hedged by someone at replacement level at $800 000 before risking a $30 million boat anchor.

If PD gives White $30 million and he averages out as a 17G player we will never be able to keep any player.
Aged well

Reactions: ThePriorityDeal

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good call Bert. I really like the 6 years for that exact reason. This is the first player who has officially signed up for the rebuild and wants to be a part of what hopefully becomes a consistent contender starting in 3 years. Really excited about this signing.

Thank you, I am extatic about this deal he is a great player the type you win with and build a contender around. Solid solid signing.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->