Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Zucker firing candy hearts at the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
lol...they were one of the first audio cassette makers...they had a commercial with Ella Fitzgerald where she’d sing live and break a glass with a high pitch and then they’d play a Memorex tape of her singing and the tape would break the glass too...like right...come on...is it live or is it Memorex was their slogan...I think they went out of business in the 90s

The American Memorex shut its doors in the mid-1990s, but their subsidiaries lasted until the mid 2000s.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev

Is the obvious when Kahun and Bjugstad are back. JR is rumored to want a bottom six vet. Whose job do you think they want to improve on?

well hopefully it’s both ZAR and Bjug, but somehow I don’t see it that way...I’m still not enamored with McCann at wing...I like him driving a line with someone who can pot a goal...I think Kahun-McCann-Horny would be an optimal 3/4 line...with another LW for Geno, like Coleman or Hall (dream)...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
well hopefully it’s both ZAR and Bjug, but somehow I don’t see it that way...I’m still not enamored with McCann at wing...I like him driving a line with someone who can pot a goal...I think Kahun-McCann-Horny would be an optimal 3/4 line...with another LW for Geno, like Coleman or Hall (dream)...

I doubt we bring in a LW tbh. I guess if we do it shows where Jake is with his recovery, but I am pretty comfortable that Jake will be back by round 1.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I doubt we bring in a LW tbh. I guess if we do it shows where Jake is with his recovery, but I am pretty comfortable that Jake will be back by round 1.

Regular season ends April 4th. It's a 4-6 month injury.

Not sure comfortable is the right word. Would need Jake being a month ahead of schedule.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Well guys. I’m bad at math.

All good. Jake seems like a freak of nature. He's taken alot of punishment and this is his first major injury. Maybe that holds true with freak healing powers.

I would think we see him back if it's a long playoff run. And in that, I'm pretty confident. This team is night and day from last year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah add an extra month on to Jake. Shoulder injuries should be waited on, just far too many players that come back and aren't strong as they should be after they are recovered and get reinjured.

Maatta had that issue.
Melichar had that issue several times.
Look at Columbus and Josh Anderson. I'm sure there are even more examples.

I wouldn't play Jake unless this team made the finals. By then he's had a lot of time to be 100% and any other bs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah add an extra month on to Jake. Shoulder injuries should be waited on, just far too many players that come back and aren't strong as they should be after they are recovered and get reinjured.

Maatta had that issue.

I wouldn't play Jake unless this team made the finals. By then he's had a lot of time to be 100% and any other bs.

Honestly, I don’t expect him back at all this year, SCF or not...how effective can he be anyway not having played for 5 months...let him heal up well for next season...

Reactions: Pens17

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd rather just let the dude rest and recover properly than to even potentially **** with an injury that could have career-long implications with regard to his shot.

See ya in October, Jake. Rest, recover and then train your ass off in the summer.
Could you imagine a jacked Jake Guentzel?

It kind of cracks me up, mate.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
Jake's surgery was on Dec 31st. Trust me, he's not going to be back on April 30th. Best case scenario, most likely, is 2nd week of May. And even that is highly optimistic.

You have to realize that this injury won't permit him to do much, if anything, with his upper body for at least another month. And even then, it's going to be light resistance at first. He has a long road back. He'll fully recover, but perhaps not on the time frame that we would like.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jake's surgery was on Dec 31st. Trust me, he's not going to be back on April 30th. Best case scenario, most likely, is 2nd week of May. And even that is highly optimistic.

You have to realize that this injury won't permit him to do much, if anything, with his upper body for at least another month. And even then, it's going to be light resistance at first. He has a long road back. He'll fully recover, but perhaps not on the time frame that we would like.
if he recovers by the beginning of the next season, that would be just awesome.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012

Maatta had that issue.

Respectively I think melichar had more issues than just The shoulder

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If the expectation is that Jake is out for the year, then unless Zucker and Rust go an iron man streak, we're a top 6 forward injury away from being in trouble against any good team in the playoffs.

At the very least, we'd need a guy who can take a regular shift in the top 9. And that ain't Bjugstad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad