Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: SHORTY AVALANCHES A WIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I loved the effort from our guys, a bit lucky in the end but totally deserved. Dumo and Letang need to cut on the brain farts, other than that no complaints. Both teams were wary of the opposition's speed, so there weren't as many chances to score as expected. We need to keep this structured game when (hopefully) the injured players come back, we played kind of like that in the second half of last season, then we lost all semblance of structure when we got to the playoffs. And what can you say about Sid and Jake, talk about leading by example.

I have no idea how the Avs can be so bad in OTs with the talent they have, didn't they go something like 0-13 in OTs at some point last season?

Reactions: BHD

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Jack Johnson received finger guns from Jim Rutherford last night. Unclear if he's the new captain or about to be the victim of an unfortunate accident
I'm not rooting for an injury, but I definitely am not voting for the first option either!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Jack Johnson received finger guns from Jim Rutherford last night. Unclear if he's the new captain or about to be the victim of an unfortunate accident

As long as JJ is playing in a way that doesn’t harm the team i wish him nothing but great things... as soon as an injury forces a bad pairing because of his weaknesses I wish him nothing but happiness while hopefully riding the bench

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
But can he make a Superstar car commercial like Talbot could?

Bro, Tanev has his own action figure...

talking-turbo-man.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
my only negative of the night is the 24+ minutes Sid was played...unsustainable...yet Sully keeps doing it...some of the young guys are good, Sully...trust them even more...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I’d rather just let Letang run the way he has. He never has lost us a series despite what people want to pretend happened in 17-18.

Letang's "highlights" for that series speak for themselves. It was the same thing that happened yesterday multiplied and amplified to the nth degree, and he admitted how at fault he was. I can provide the link if you like.

He’s statistically one of the best D in the league on both ends of the ice.

Yes. He also regularly makes easily avoidable mistakes in critical situations that other defensemen of his calibre don't.

This isn't a black-or-white, "rein him in" or "let him run wild" choice. In 2-on-1s, simply trust your goalie to worry about the shooter and make sure the pass doesn't get through. This is entry-level defensive knowhow here and doesn't require Letang to do anything beyond the most basic things they teach you in the sport.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
my only negative of the night is the 24+ minutes Sid was played...unsustainable...yet Sully keeps doing it...some of the young guys are good, Sully...trust them even more...

It was a tight game where Sid went up against one of the most dynamic lines in hockey. It went to OT. We played a 4th line of a 7th D and two AHL'ers. We had almost our entire middle 6 out injured.

Sid played 2½ minutes more than usual.
If you have an issue with this... it is... about you, not Sully, IMO.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Last 15 games of the regular season, 16 points (5g, 11a) and a +2. Comparatively, Sid, who was on fire, had 19 points and was a +4. Or, if you want 15 games pre injury including playoffs, I've got 14 points and a -1 (where Hagelin got hurt earlier in the playoffs).

I fail to see how 2 years ago compares to last year for Malkin, and frankly you're doing just that is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board ever (and I've read every DK Metcalf post from @SouthGeorge).

Honestly, this bull**** you're peddling is beyond insane at this point.

:laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Our media is so laughable. Yes... #66 fist bumping players means they are staying forever. That is so beyond dumb. Mario is a very positive owner who interacts w/ the players. Is he supposed to turn away to the players he is trading? :laugh: It is so bad.

Little known fact: Mario gives the "down low, too slow" to any player who's only here short-term.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I dunno if he's been mentioned in the thread, but a word for Blandisi.

We kind of picked him up off the trash pile, but he caught my eye as a rookie in NJ and he's brought speed and grit in his own right. Usually makes the smart play too. He can be my 4th line call-up any time.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

The Tanevificent

Feb 24, 2018
Tanev is 4th in hits with 30, 1st in penalties drawn with 9 in 7 games, Penguins are 6th in PP goals even though they rank 13th in PP%, and he has ZERO penalty minutes.

That kind of player makes a difference in Wins and Losses. I don't care if Tanev and Horny appear to be overpaid and mostly play in the bottom six. If we are under the cap, and still afford talent like Sid and Geno, you cares - you need role players that make a difference. Net front presence and relentless motors win games, and surely win playoff games. There is a premium to pay for those players as well and so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad