Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: SHORTY AVALANCHES A WIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++ Before we nitpick individual players, I just want to say I thought that was a tremendous hockey game by a team without multiple high end players. I loved the team speed. I loved the team puck support. I loved the team d-support. I thought the recipe on display by the Pens was one that they could go far in the playoffs with. That was not some hail mary attempt to play hockey. That wasn't passive. That is team hockey. That's a brand of hockey i would be very proud of to watch.

+++ Sid/Jake: Sid is in a different world. I cannot believe how he's literally the one thing on the scouting report teams know they have to stop and cannot. Jake's goal was tremendous. I can't include Simon in an up or down here because he made some good plays and really halted offense at times, too.

+++ Blandisi and Blueger: Great games by both guys. Smart hockey. 2 way hockey. Incredible PK work. Blandisi's best hockey game in the NHL by a mile.

+++ Muzz: Thought Murray was VERY solid. Very solid. Simple goaltending. Looked poised. I still think he's a tad too deep in his crease for my liking.

+++ TANEV!!!!! :) :) :)

= Letang: He is definitely a big part of our success tonight and was a big part of the 2 goals against by over committing on the play. Eddie O actually showed exactly why the over commits weren't needed. Especially the 2 on 1 laughable gaffe by Dumo. It's a lefty shot. Let the lefty shot shoot. Let Muzz take that guy.

- Schultz/Kahun: I don't want to harp on it. I just was not impressed by these 2. Schultz played a horrible game. Kahun reminds me of Rust last season. Nothing is working for Kahun. He's a mess. I'll stay patient with him. He's young and cheap.

The sad thing about Schultz is that he's struggling on the powerplay. That has to be one area he does well.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
giphy.gif

Huge win for the pens tonight, and great goals by Sid and Jake. I'm so proud of the play this team so far this season with all of the injured vets.

Last edited:

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
1000% deserved win considering all circumstances. Tremendous hustle and effort tonight. Absolutely deserved that fortuitous bounce.

This one has to feel good against a former unbeaten team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad