Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus Minus: Pens vs. Preds - Face to face with the demons and the demons win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hopefully this gives Murray the confidence back late in games. Not to mention our team starting to score during the last 7 games. These last 3 games should have been easy wins. Murray playing well throughout but a late goal. Team expecting him to get a SO.

And people are mad hes letting them up late. Nobody is saying he sucks overall. Stop being so damn sensitive.

There are a ton of people, such as RG, that are saying Murray sucks.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Hopefully this gives Murray the confidence back late in games. Not to mention our team starting to score during the last 7 games. These last 3 games should have been easy wins. Murray playing well throughout but a late goal. Team expecting him to get a SO.

And people are mad hes letting them up late. Nobody is saying he sucks overall. Stop being so damn sensitive.

No no people are saying he sucks and should be benched/demoted/shot into the moon.

MAF fanboys are alive and well

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
+Murray
+ team 200 ft game
+ Pettersson+Guds
+ yet again, the 3rd line (Bjugstad in particular)
+ Rust

- Cannot keep this up with the leads late in games... Inexcusable from a vet group
- Cost themselves a ROW
- need more from the PP

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know, @ColePens, IF you had told me on Monday that we'd go to Carolina and Nashville and walk out with 3 out of 4 points, then I'd have been thrilled.

The problem, as you note, is that the Pens had 1 goal leads in both games with under 4 minutes left and both games went to OT.

I still like how they're playing for like 55 minutes. I still think things could crystallize for the top 9 as a whole when we get back a healthy Geno out there with McCann. And, I still think the Pens live or die in the playoffs based on whether Phil realizes preseason is over.

But, the Pens mental fortitude-- this inability to close out games-- ranks right up there with the which Phil will show for the playoffs worry.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Simmonds plays like he’s neutered on Nashville. He’s done.

Line 1 wins another one. Line two continues the be a black hole.

Another great effort by our defense. I think petterson and Gudbranson should play shutdown minutes come playoff time.

Petterson is sneaky good at getting shots on net.

Didn’t like Letangs game tonight. He needs to play less aggressive.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
That was a solid road win. I thought they played pretty well. Had some chances to score but I really like how they played defensively. Such a big win.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Am I the only one who is more concerned with how they are playing late with a lead moreso than the unfortunate results in said scenarios lately?

They keep going into a shell and letting the opposition set up a shooting gallery. That needs to stop.

Reactions: Andy99

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Who cares if we blew the lead? We won.

Its gonna get in their heads eventually if it keeps coming to this.

But I'm of the opinion that they can't close out games because they can barely get on the board anymore. No Malkin and this team is worse than league average offensively apparently.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember folks - ignore the minority of posters just trying to be negative. Trust me - they will go away. Just utilize the ignore function.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

to be fair, people are saying he sucks. You aren't but others are.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Because they dive and run the goalie and then whine about it?
oh and their fans are obnoxious and annoying in their arena with the stupid goalie chirping. you can hear a pin drop near that fan base when Rinne gives something up. that silence is golden.

Reactions: Andy99

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I would be embarrassed I'm collecting 8 million dollars if I'm Kessel. Star players don't go near half of the freakin season without an ES goal.

People are harping on MM but honestly this. So much this. Phil has been absolutely horrible ES for months. I mean let’s see what he does in the playoffs but if he turns it on that just means he trolled us for 3 months

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I would be embarrassed I'm collecting 8 million dollars if I'm Kessel. Star players don't go near half of the freakin season without an ES goal.

But, his Ironman streak doe.

++++Murray, even though that goal was a laugher.

+++Rust

+++Bjugs

+Geno will come back.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Murray stayed confident in this one even after that weakish goal imo and challenged their shooters hard in the SO and we got the W

$_35.JPG
3-0 with with the wolf shirt posting just sayin

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
Eh the pens are snakebit right now. I thought the 3rd line was amazing. They had tons of chances, and the opposing goalies have stood on their heads the last four games.

Let’s go easy on Murray. It sucks but this isnt MAF giving up a softie, and then misplacing a puck to give up another goal to blow a 3-1 lead. This game should’ve been 3-0, when that goal was scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad