Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus Minus: Pens vs. Preds - Face to face with the demons and the demons win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean it is an ongoing trend. Yet another 1 goal lead that we cannot hold on to. It's the demon they keep facing. It's the demon they keep losing to. It's the only topic that should be discussed over and over and over again by the Penguins. I thought they, once again, played tremendous hockey. They really owned the play. But if you cannot finish the game, you won't end up with the ultimate prize. One game given up in a playoff series is all you need to lose a series.

Sid's line and Bjug line were terrific. Dumo/Letang/JJ were incredible. I thought the team played great hockey. Muz was a beast. Rust was a beast. I have nothing but positives and yet here we are again. Same situation and same result. There is a very fine line between good and great. The Pens are good. They aren't great because they cannot lock it down when it matters the most.

The obvious issues are final minutes and the powerplay. The powerplay cannot get us that next one. We just needed to finish the game strong. That is all. Trust me - we will lose a playoff series if we cannot figure it out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Zs9bvQR.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
-Any player who is supposed to be a ln offensive contributor.

I'm tired of this BS. Requiring your goalie to get a shutout every game to not go to OT or a SO is ridiculous. I don't care how many chances guys like Bjugstad or Simon create. I don't care how nice of a scouting report guys like Schultz have. I don't care how many points Kessel has on the year. Their play right now is unacceptable because they're not putting the puck in the net.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Big win.. offense is just non-existent right now but nonetheless the Pens are finding ways to rack up points in the standings.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That went from annoying me immensely again to Murr redeeming himself.
Finally got that extra point.

Fix the damn PP.

Reactions: Rudy Russo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->