Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus Minus: Pens vs. Preds - Face to face with the demons and the demons win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Murray absolutely kept them in it. i won't blame that fluke goal on him even though the Pens continue their trend of giving up late tying goals and going into OT.

they NEED to start closing out games, but that's especially hard to do when you only score 1 goal in regulation.

oh well, they won.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I'm sick of this BS. Team is mentally weak. But they got a fake a$$ win, so I can live with it.

Canes and Isles lost, too.

Murray great, but again allowed that late goal. Infuriating.

Reactions: Angrrus

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Zs9bvQR.jpg

I think she has about 10 handles on HF Pens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ 2 points and competition lost tonight and all is right with the world!

+ there are no 3 on 3 OT in the POs

— we can’t defend a lead

— we can’t score goals

— I have no confidence in this team and neither do they apparently

Reactions: Angrrus

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
not a ROW but whatever. good night so far, hope CBJ loses

+++ Murray, Rust, Crosby, Letang, Hornqvist, Bjugstad, McCann, Petterson, Dumo, JJ
+ Guds
--------- Kessel

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This trend isn't going to work in the POs. MM finally had a good SO but it 100% should not have gone there.
He saved 2 of the first 3 in the last shootout too. And yeah, we should have scored more than 1 goal that regulation, agreed.

edit: seriously, that's a rough goal. Last game's too. But man, these collapses are a team effort.

Reactions: illusory

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Hopefully this gives Murray the confidence back late in games. Not to mention our team starting to score during the last 7 games. These last 3 games should have been easy wins. Murray playing well throughout but a late goal. Team expecting him to get a SO.

And people are mad hes letting them up late. Nobody is saying he sucks overall. Stop being so damn sensitive.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean it is an ongoing trend. Yet another 1 goal lead that we cannot hold on to. It's the demon they keep facing. It's the demon they keep losing to. It's the only topic that should be discussed over and over and over again by the Penguins. I thought they, once again, played tremendous hockey. They really owned the play. But if you cannot finish the game, you won't end up with the ultimate prize. One game given up in a playoff series is all you need to lose a series.

Sid's line and Bjug line were terrific. Dumo/Letang/JJ were incredible. I thought the team played great hockey. Muz was a beast. Rust was a beast. I have nothing but positives and yet here we are again. Same situation and same result. There is a very fine line between good and great. The Pens are good. They aren't great because they cannot lock it down when it matters the most.

The obvious issues are final minutes and the powerplay. The powerplay cannot get us that next one. We just needed to finish the game strong. That is all. Trust me - we will lose a playoff series if we cannot figure it out.

This one must respectfully disagree. If you constantly find yourself in the dying minutes without separation because your team can't score, that in itself it a topic that must be looked at again and again.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'll go against the grain and look at the silver linings over the past few games.

They're playing a great 55 minutes, and giving up 0 or 1 goals. If and when Malkin is back and line 3 starts burying chances, we'll be in business.

Horny was awesome. Great game from him

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Great team win and Murray was able to shut the door in the end. I rescind my previous negative comments about the team in the game thread. It's easy to forget sometimes that this is just a game and is purely for enjoyment.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
4 out of 6 points. Not concerned with losing the lead late at all really. Concerned with the lack of offense, but Geno is out and ZAR is a sneaky scorer too.

Bjugstad and JMFJ were great.
Kessel and Horny had chances.

Reactions: Rudy Russo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad