Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus Minus: Pens vs. Jackets Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ everyone except Malkin, Trotman and Sullivan for moving McCann down. what a bone headed move.

Murray was Amazing, Jack Johnson I’m SERIOUSLY impressed with, if he can continue to play this way I’ll never ***** about him again.

L3 scored after Sully made the move.

L1 didn't score with McCann and wasn't generating much.

Not sure that qualifies as bone headed.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
+ win

- no ohio feed to watch the crying and doomsday talk

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
giphy.gif

I still have, to this f***ing day, no clue what is happening to Trevor Daley in that gif.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
People keep saying this but when the defense isn't always pinching and keeps everything in front. It gives forwards time to back check. I'm not buying this narrative that the whole team is magically trying on defense now. It was a lot of odd mans rushes and breakaways nothing a forward can do to prevent that.
Well that's just plain not true.

Reactions: Doogle

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
+ everyone except Malkin, Trotman and Sullivan for moving McCann down. what a bone headed move.

Murray was Amazing, Jack Johnson I’m SERIOUSLY impressed with, if he can continue to play this way I’ll never ***** about him again.

The 3rd line was very good with McCann.

Edit: and also Sid's line was still good without McCann.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
+ Last year at this time we were saying don't worry about Brassard he will step up in playoffs...big game Brass.

While McCann and Bjugstad are both producing the way we need them too and it could continue to build to the point of being a huge diff for us...that we didnt have last year.

+ Murray was dealing with Dad passing and injuries...struggled. At this time. Just got a shutout against the Jacekts in what was a playoff type matchup going in

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The game was out of reach.

Why are you so sad all the time?
Genius level IQ...

Seriously though, not sad about the win. They are playing great team D and I hope it continues once everyone is back.

The missed opportunities are maddening at times. They had multiple chances to really bury the Jackets and not have it be a nail biter till the end but they couldn’t make anything happen.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
3rd line was good tonight and came up with a huge goal.
They're all in on the 2017 style atm with 5-man D hustling their arses off. They atleast realize thats the only way they're gonna make noise this year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll say a bit of both. I've watched every CBJ game (i think) since the deadline. They have zero offensive support. They look terrible. I don't get it.

Well, McQuaid sucks.

I saw an interesting take on Duchene. It is super easy to put up points on a shit team like Ottawa with no expectations. Now there is pressure and he’s been terrible.

Dzingel is a utility player. So, can’t really criticize him.

Also, facts are facts. They were out of the playoffs when the majority of those trades went down. It’s why I didn’t get you going all “I love it” over them. We’ve seen what that approach has done for years. 2017 Caps. 2013 Pens. Etc.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, it was a genuinely terrible game to watch. I just had no clue what I was watching, it was like they ripped a game out of 2003 or something. It seemed like the game was in a trap vs trap for 90% of the game.

The way they suffocated the Jackets reminded me of 2017 a lot. Shot blocking and layers of defense. Shot blocking and layers of defense. More shot blocking.... more layers of defense.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this second line is awful...Kessel still does nothing, and ZAR is awful he can't get to the puck if his life depends on it...Geno cannot connect with anyone on that line, they can't receive the puck, they don't skate, don't win battles...
Third line was really really good tonight, he should also take Wilson off, and do something with the fourth line, you can afford to have one line that cannot generate anything, literally anything game in game out...

I am OK with defense except Trottman, he is liability....

and as I said long time ago...run Murray until wheels falls off...play him saturday again

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No room at the inn Olli Maatta.

I'm going to be disappointed if they end up moving Maatta, to be honest. Yeah, I see that he's not a fit here and such, but Johnson and Gudbranson just leave so much to be desired offensively. Maatta at least has the potential to be a threat defensively, Johnson has an absolute muffin of a shot and Gudbranson hasn't shown me any talents that can be considered above average.

Reactions: wizmet12

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Way to move the goalposts. :biglaugh:

I don’t think he is as good as Daley was, but he’s an actual NHLer unlike Oleksiak and he has a similar skill set to Daley. He’s pinching smartly, holding in the puck at the blue line and making quick chips and doing that patented puck flip Daley and Letang abused in 2016z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad