Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus Minus: Pens vs. Jackets Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't tell if this team was amazing defensively tonight or whether Columbus was totally incompetent offensively.

Johnson had another great game, Murray was excellent and McCann stood out as noticeably good. I though ZAR, Malkin and Simon had another bad game. Also, this game sucked ass from an entertainment perspective.

I'll say a bit of both. I've watched every CBJ game (i think) since the deadline. They have zero offensive support. They look terrible. I don't get it.

Reactions: EightyOne and BHD

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
3-0 win feels like it should have been total domination but it wasn’t.

Murray was great and the overall team D was great.

Pens need to finish some more of these glorious chances and put these games out of reach.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll say a bit of both. I've watched every CBJ game (i think) since the deadline. They have zero offensive support. They look terrible. I don't get it.

Yeah, it was a genuinely terrible game to watch. I just had no clue what I was watching, it was like they ripped a game out of 2003 or something. It seemed like the game was in a trap vs trap for 90% of the game.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
+ everyone except Malkin, Trotman and Sullivan for moving McCann down. what a bone headed move.

Murray was Amazing, Jack Johnson I’m SERIOUSLY impressed with, if he can continue to play this way I’ll never bitch about him again.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin and Trotman were drunk.

Malkin has with maybe 8-10 games as exceptions, been a wreck since November 1.

I had hoped Sully and JR might take steps to address it. JR didn't, and Sully doesn't seem to think it's important or potentially fruitful. So, now I'll just hope for the best, because the Pens will be ****** in the playoffs otherwise.

Reactions: Lustaf

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I can't tell if this team was amazing defensively tonight or whether Columbus was totally incompetent offensively.

Johnson had another great game, Murray was excellent and McCann stood out as noticeably good. I though ZAR, Malkin and Simon had another bad game. Also, this game sucked ass from an entertainment perspective.

Both. Columbus looked fast, but bereft of skill. Our boys defended well, for the most part.

Game was entertaining for me! However, the Pens win doesn't matter to me!

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It's amazing what the whole team committing to d can do.

People keep saying this but when the defense isn't always pinching and keeps everything in front. It gives forwards time to back check. I'm not buying this narrative that the whole team is magically trying on defense now. It was a lot of odd mans rushes and breakaways nothing a forward can do to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad