Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Flyers - How to embarrass your way to 2 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Take a look ya'll.
C64FCmK.gif

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
+ 2 points
+ Sid finally getting some points reflective of his effort...
+ jr and anson carter's and lego hair man's butt hurt on national teevee...

- geno...not good and deserves the punishment he gets...more if that punishment isnt a suspension...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Coming off that win I’ll say this, THATS NOT WINNING HOCKEY.

That was yet another bullshit effort but Murray and a quick whistle bailed them out. Sully needs to slap those f***ing grins off their faces in the locker room because this isn’t a recipie for success.

Look, I get that because of the struggles that guys are frustrated but the top guys are letting too much shit get to them this year. For the 2 Cup runs they ignored all the garbage and just played but all of a sudden this year they are routinely losing their shit in games and what Geno did tonight was over the top. FFS, turn around and slug him in the back of the head if you want but you cannot swing your stick like that. Come on man...

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Nah good for Geno for sticking up himself. Flyers were doing dirty **** all game.

Raffl with a swing at Malkin's head. **** him he deserved Malkin swinging his stick at him.

A joke that he wasn't penalised aswell.

Bad reaction from Geno (especially with a 3-0 lead in the last 5 mins), but the refs DEFINITELY should've called Raffl at least for that shot to the back of the head.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What things look like when they pack things in with this current squad minus JS.
Difference being they had 2 F lines able to push offensively and they get three 5on5 goals from them.

Olli out probably helped them cuz PHI couldn't key in on a certain pairings.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It’s a huge win and I’ll take a mulligan for predicting they would lose it...we might have found a workable L2 if we can get another defender, other than Schultz, who can transition the puck...right now we can’t contend for a Cup...just horrible in our own end and getting the puck thru the NZ...

If Maatta is out for any length of time, I hope JR can get his friend GMBM on the phone...

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Ppl need to be happy with the result here. Down to five d, which means more Johnson for some reason. And even more Johnson. And plus a tad more Johnson.
Malkin, Kessel, jugs played great. Crosby’s line was great as usual. Flyers just flinging shots from everywhere. Refs seemed to not want to give us any PP time after we got the lead. The only thing I’m upset about tonight is JJ ice time. I mean Crosby had a 3 point night against the scums, and Malkin got a point. On top of it all we ended their streak, and most likely their playoff aspirations. I’m smiling right now. Guys should join me.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Nah good for Geno for sticking up himself. Flyers were doing dirty **** all game.

Raffl with a swing at Malkin's head. **** him he deserved Malkin swinging his stick at him.

A joke that he wasn't penalised aswell.
Couldn’t agree more. Cross check before the punch to the back of the head as well.

Reactions: DegenX

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I know we were badly outshot but this one did not feel that bad to me, maybe its Flyers defens that I felt were giving enough space for our guy whenever they actually decided to make some View attachment 185733
which this map kind of confirms
Mostly perimeter and poor angle with some close in rebounds. Murray came across nicely a couple times, but it didn't seem like we were in full fire drill mode.

Reactions: vodeni and pens4424

pens4424

Apr 25, 2017
nick bjustad and Jared McCann sure fit my description of tougher... you had a lineup playing together for the first time all year... give the negativity a rest... give them some time to gel... we got 2 points that we desperately needed.. how it happened doesn't matter tonight.. if the trend continues next month with a full healthy lineup then we can talk... for now enjoy the win and the ride

+ A win is a win, but is that really the winning formula tonight? Boy I hope not. Is the reward of getting a big bigger and tougher being able to survive 28 shots against in a single period? Is it praying your goalie will save your butt while you win a couple post-whistle scrums? What's the deal?

That is not Penguins hockey and that was not enjoyable in the slightest. You guys know I usually try to find the 1% of positive in anything but that hockey game was very sad. We won the Cup with speed and skill. Whatever is on the ice right now is NOT that.

+ Murray: Glad to see Mur healthy and doing his thing. Now stay healthy and STAY doing your thing. Find consistency. I don't know how you can do that with the defense giving you point blankers all game long, but hey.... try! Thank goodness for Murray tonight. Honestly.

+ G line: 71 was a horse and I felt that line was pretty solid. Really had a good vibe to it. And as I write this he takes a match penalty like a ****ing idiot. Disgusting stuff. That could have been a player's eye. Really embarrassing. It's stuff we want out of the league as Penguin fans. It's unacceptable.

As I said, That was not Penguins hockey. It's not sustainable. It's the reason we lost so many games in a row and are in a very very very close battle for the final playoff spot. I usually refuse to get disappointed by getting 2 points in regulation but boy was that sad. This goes back to the days where we won a Cup playing a 2-3 and stayed in a 1-2-2 the rest of Bylsma's career.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
+ A win is a win, but is that really the winning formula tonight? Boy I hope not. Is the reward of getting a big bigger and tougher being able to survive 28 shots against in a single period? Is it praying your goalie will save your butt while you win a couple post-whistle scrums? What's the deal?

That is not Penguins hockey and that was not enjoyable in the slightest. You guys know I usually try to find the 1% of positive in anything but that hockey game was very sad. We won the Cup with speed and skill. Whatever is on the ice right now is NOT that.

+ Murray: Glad to see Mur healthy and doing his thing. Now stay healthy and STAY doing your thing. Find consistency. I don't know how you can do that with the defense giving you point blankers all game long, but hey.... try! Thank goodness for Murray tonight. Honestly.

+ G line: 71 was a horse and I felt that line was pretty solid. Really had a good vibe to it. And as I write this he takes a match penalty like a ****ing idiot. Disgusting stuff. That could have been a player's eye. Really embarrassing. It's stuff we want out of the league as Penguin fans. It's unacceptable.

As I said, That was not Penguins hockey. It's not sustainable. It's the reason we lost so many games in a row and are in a very very very close battle for the final playoff spot. I usually refuse to get disappointed by getting 2 points in regulation but boy was that sad. This goes back to the days where we won a Cup playing a 2-3 and stayed in a 1-2-2 the rest of Bylsma's career.

Not to be flip, but can you tell me what 'Penguins' hockey' is, because right now I have no idea.

And that is the problem.

We are right back to being schizophrenic and ending up being simply confused searching for an identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad