Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Flyers - How to embarrass your way to 2 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ A win is a win, but is that really the winning formula tonight? Boy I hope not. Is the reward of getting a big bigger and tougher being able to survive 28 shots against in a single period? Is it praying your goalie will save your butt while you win a couple post-whistle scrums? What's the deal?

That is not Penguins hockey and that was not enjoyable in the slightest. You guys know I usually try to find the 1% of positive in anything but that hockey game was very sad. We won the Cup with speed and skill. Whatever is on the ice right now is NOT that.

+ Murray: Glad to see Mur healthy and doing his thing. Now stay healthy and STAY doing your thing. Find consistency. I don't know how you can do that with the defense giving you point blankers all game long, but hey.... try! Thank goodness for Murray tonight. Honestly.

+ G line: 71 was a horse and I felt that line was pretty solid. Really had a good vibe to it. And as I write this he takes a match penalty like a f***ing idiot. Disgusting stuff. That could have been a player's eye. Really embarrassing. It's stuff we want out of the league as Penguin fans. It's unacceptable.

As I said, That was not Penguins hockey. It's not sustainable. It's the reason we lost so many games in a row and are in a very very very close battle for the final playoff spot. I usually refuse to get disappointed by getting 2 points in regulation but boy was that sad. This goes back to the days where we won a Cup playing a 2-3 and stayed in a 1-2-2 the rest of Bylsma's career.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can this game dismiss the myth that Murray isn't back? Like for real, he was a stupid Malkin penalty away from a 50+ save shutout.

Like I've said a bunch of times, Bjugstad is Staal 2.0 put there. Hopefully he doesn't whine about being put on the wing like Staal did, he looks really effective out here. He's constantly generating chances, if he was a better finisher, the Panthers would never have traded him.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Happy they won, but that was a dog $hite effort.

**** Malkin. Embarrassing.

Murray gets the SO without Malkin's selfish, pathetic decision. He's done for a while.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
latest

When the pens beat the Flyers!!!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
- Called Geno losing his shit.

+ Riikola / Sid / Murray / Tang (after the stupidness he pulled early)

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Outside of the abysmal 2nd, it wasn’t a bad game for having 5 defenseman. They only let up 9 shots in the first and had them at like 7 in the 3rd until that penalty.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Geno was probably lucky therehe could have endded up with 20 games suspension had he connected, however that dirtbag hitting him in the neck (no excuses there again for Geno), he must be smarter...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Hot goaltending was why this team went on that winning streak. Yeah maybe not the best formula, but nice to see that performance by Murray, especially with that 20 year old kid they’re treating like a god in Philly on the other end of the ice.

Reactions: tread102 and Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That was a ridiculous game.

28 shots against in the 2nd period.
The ref's early whistle.
Malkin swinging for the fences to end the game with 5 minutes of PK.

3-1 win.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad