Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Flyers - How to embarrass your way to 2 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I think certain people will never be happy with murray no matter what unless he posts a shutout every game and wins a cup every year. I mean fleury would have pitched a shutout last night.... and I mean c'mon what if that goal isn't disallowed. :sarcasm:

On another site that shall not be named, someone was attempting to argue that most of the shots the Penguins allowed were just rebounds that Murray failed to cover up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On another site that shall not be named, someone was attempting to argue that most of the shots the Penguins allowed were just rebounds that Murray failed to cover up.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On Murray, I don't know why people are still questioning if he's back. He's up to a .914 save% on the year, which is on the same level as Fleury (.911), Dubnyk (.913), Hellebuyck (.912), Howard (.913), Gibson (.914), Rinne (.914) and Price (.915) this year. Considering how goal scoring has gone up, a .915 save% is very good from your starter. Murray isn't a .935 starter like he has been in his last 16 games, but I bet he's much closer to that than what he was to start this year.

Murray just seems to get more crap than he deserves from Penguins fans overall. I just find it weird that the comments about him are so much louder than the comments about Fleury, despite Murray never having even close to the lows that Fleury had. Murray's "lows" would be considered fine by Fleury, but people still question him.

I wouldn't call them "Penguins fans" who are criticizing Murray though. It's clearly Fleury fanboys/fangirls who will criticize Murray for everything because he's not Fleury.

Reactions: KIRK

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
A leash that he's earned through service to this team.

If you tell me at the start of the match that Malkin's gonna take a 5 minute penalty with 5 minutes to go, do I still want to play him, the answer is still probably yes because he makes the team that much better.

I did. The moment I saw that shot chart with the Flyers on the perimeter, I guessed it had to look like that.

Last night was like watching the 16-17 playoffs again. Rope-a-dope. Looks bad, feels dangerous, but a lot safer than that because you're generating quality opportunities and they're making a lot of trash ones.
Yeah, when I was watching and they announced the shot totals I was shocked because despite winning possession, I didn't feel like they were truly threatening. Reading the posts here made me think it must have been worse than I thought. I guess I didn't account for the standard level of negativity(SLN) here :laugh:. I'm glad the shot chart made me investigate further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
No excuse for Malkin, but from past experience, the NHL usually disciplines based on result, not intent. What he did was incredibly dangerous and stupid, but I'm not even sure if he hit him.

It also kind of reminds me of that 'controversy' when Sid threw that water bottle on the ice. All the jabronis on NBC wanted to talk about was a stupid water bottle on the ice that didn't hit anyone or effect the play in any way, not the dirty hit that caused Sid's reaction. Obviously what Malkin did was much more severe since it could have hurt someone, but Raffl punched him in the back of the head. No one cares. That's hockey.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I was checking the DoPS page and none of the fines had announced a hearing ahead of time. Now the only debate is just how many games he gets.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Only 1 game suspension for Geno, I guess the Wheel of Justice was kind to him.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
No injury on the play. It's how the DoPS does things.

I know and that's one of the main reasons players feel they can do stuff like that and get away with a slap on the wrist at best. They should judge based on the actions, not the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad