Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Sid delivers 3 Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imagine we roll into the playoffs with a D of

Dumo - Letang
Pettersson - Schultz
Maatta - Riikola

Dam yum.

That...isn't a very good defense. If you can get Maatta and Schultz back to where they once were, it might be (still not sold on both Riikola and Pettersson being regulars right now), but that defense is very not good.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
charlie-brown-xmas-5552.jpg

That line-up isn’t physical enough.

Swap out Pig Pen and Franklin.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It still blows my mind how Johnson made a complete 180 degree turn as soon as the Penguins acquired Pettersson. Sure, his possession stats are still booty, but he's providing a lot right now with his shot blocking and physicality, and he hasn't been getting scored on much at all (and some of the goals against weren't at all on him or Pettersson). He can be a positive asset for the Penguins if he continues to play this way, the Penguins have a legitimately great bottom pair right now.

Much like Tanger, if he keeps things simple, he can be effective in his more limited role.
You can see the Cole-like element he can bring in a playoff series.
A tad dumber than Cole with the puck on his stick but like i said, he keeps it simple, it can work.

Reactions: Still Apps

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
This was the first game in a while I felt the Pens were in control. Smart road game with a break, Sid and Geno were on PK. Get healthy and keep it moving. But Sid was the catalyst for the goals and still need to see more for others.

wizmet12

wizmet1_2
Feb 19, 2014
Maatta's had +2 , five hits , six block shots (leading the team on H and Bsh) tonite and people still find the way to discredit him. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That defense is essentially what we won a cup with in 15-16.

I know you love Jack Johnson. Stop trying to make it work.

Jack Johnson is actually playing good hockey right now. Maatta hasn't been good at all this year outside of a game here and there.

I just find it odd for how hellbent you are on ****ing on Johnson. You're the only person who's actually criticizing him right now, and you're even taking it to stupid levels like saying you'd trade him for Milan Lucic.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Maatta's had +2 , five hits , six block shots (leading the team on H and Bsh) tonite and people still find the way to discredit him. That's ridiculous.
I think he had a really nice night, but I have no hope of seeing it consistently. If I could get this Maata every night, we would have a partner for #4

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

He has been bad way more often than he has been good this season. Tonight was a good game, but that has been far from the normal for him this year.

Okay. I think the sky is green and the moon is hollow though. So I’m right.

You have an opinion that goes contrary with literally everyone else, so I don't know what to tell you. The fact that you actually said it's a no brainer to trade Johnson for Milan ****ing Lucic should be a disqualifier on your opinion of Johnson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Literally everyone in the world thinks Jack Johnson is terrible aside from you and Pittsburgh media paid to think otherwise.

You'd have a lot more legimacy if you didn't say blatantly stupid things like this.

You didn't even watch the damn game tonight and have been saying stupid things constantly about Johnson recently. The dude has been playing really well recently. Johnson isn't even winning the poll on here for the Penguins worst defenseman, hell, he's not even in 2nd in that poll.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Sid is playing at a skill level so much higher than anyone else, we are spoiled to be able to watch it all.

MM does indeed have the mojo back, but I have a hunch he needs CDS competing in order to bring out his best.

Possibly, he did play great in front of MAF. Maybe he likes a bit of competition.

Reactions: Nakawick

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sid ain't catching the Avs duo, but I'd like to see him get back in the top 5 scoring again. He's on a 100 pt pace again.

Reactions: Beau Knows

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
The whole issue with Maatta is he has to play with a player like Schultz or Riikola.

They haven’t been doing that. Oleksiak can’t move the puck.
I would argue the issue with Maatta is him looking like he is skating in sand most of the time.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It still blows my mind how Johnson made a complete 180 degree turn as soon as the Penguins acquired Pettersson. Sure, his possession stats are still booty, but he's providing a lot right now with his shot blocking and physicality, and he hasn't been getting scored on much at all (and some of the goals against weren't at all on him or Pettersson). He can be a positive asset for the Penguins if he continues to play this way, the Penguins have a legitimately great bottom pair right now.

Still would dump him first chance we get.

Reactions: Clare2904
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad