Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Sid delivers 3 Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Poor Carolina just... how they can look so flat with such a dynamic defense is beyond me. Something is seriously wrong there, they should be as hard to play against as Nashville but they just....aren’t. Shots from the point is a bad primary scoring strategy.

++ Sid, Murr, Guentz,

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
That.
Was.
Efficient.

Pens just clocked in, took care of business, and head into a break on a good note.

SplendidGreatBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

Sid
Jake
Murray

f*** the refs, though. And the odd-man rushes against.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Degenx's GDT's++++++
Murray++++++++
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust+++++++
JJ++++++

I didn't see the whole first so I'll finish off with Letang & PK ++++++

Reactions: DegenX

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this is the old Muzz, I mean I had zero doubts that will win this game just watching him in the net like this

Sid and Jake amazing, Sid I have no words for him.....

Geno with solid 30 minutes tonight, he is trying really hard, this thing with Simon may work...props to one of the posters who call for that...I did not believe...3 great chances

3rd line was not awful which may be one step at time good thing

Sheahan carries that fourth line, they had a tons of d-zone starts

D-core is OK, I think having Riikkola makes that pair a bit better...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
This team for being as bad as we’ve been so far this year seems to be meshing.

Rust and Murray seem to be turning the corner.

You get Malkin and Brassard firing and this turns into a scary roster that’s potentially getting hot at the right time.

They would be on the verge of achieving what they looked like on paper in the off-season.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Murray being back on track is a huge development. I also am seeing some coheisevness with lines and pairings.

59-87-17. Just amazing. We will probably need to see a little #12 here when the line cools down.
12-71-72. Having Horny and Geno together makes so much sense. I like Simon, but injuries will happen and he is a guy I would prefer to move up and down the lineup.
14-19-81. This line is super interesting to me. They really haven’t done anything, but I like the idea of these three. Would like to see it play out longer.
46-7-15. This is a really nice 4th line.

8-58. Sick
Second pairing is shit. Once 4 comes back we have half of it settled.
28-73 I love these two as a third pairing. I know y’all hate JJ, but I think he is solid when used correctly.
38-50 are perfect fill in guys. #2 is good 8th d-man as well.

Send Maata to the moon please.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It still blows my mind how Johnson made a complete 180 degree turn as soon as the Penguins acquired Pettersson. Sure, his possession stats are still booty, but he's providing a lot right now with his shot blocking and physicality, and he hasn't been getting scored on much at all (and some of the goals against weren't at all on him or Pettersson). He can be a positive asset for the Penguins if he continues to play this way, the Penguins have a legitimately great bottom pair right now.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Oh yeah I guess it's also nice beating Carolina after how JR was treated by some after getting the boot there and bringing in Kessel. Must be a nice feeling for him.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dumoulin-Letang
Cole-Schultz in 2016-2017 form
Pettersson-Johnson
Riikola

If the Penguins had this defense, I think their roster would be completely flawless. I'm totally serious about that.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dumoulin-Letang
Cole-Schultz in 2016-2017 form
Pettersson-Johnson
Riikola

If the Penguins had this defense, I think their roster would be completely flawless. I'm totally serious about that.
Not if Brassard doesn't start producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad