Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Amazingly all of the negative naysayers were busy for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Best game of the season. No, I'm not saying that because they got a big two points.

They came out like they made it a priority to play better than the other team. The effort AND the execution were there. This team can do something if they play that kind of hockey in a few weeks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, there are some issues with individual defensive players (Maatta in general, Maatta forcing Dumo to the right side, Schultz creating some of his issues himself), but you're 100% right about the team defensive play. I'm still trying to figure out how this one crystallizes when Geno returns and if Letang does/does not return. I suspect it could go either way, and perhaps an even bigger determining factor will be Phil's engagement level. IF he's engaged, then I think L2 is a huge X factor in the Pens favor. If he's the Phil of last playoffs, that line is not and I suspect some of the other warts elsewhere on the roster show.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Phew! Great job...
+ we still have a chance to win a PO round
+ Murray and L4
+ team defense

- Olli and Dumo with Dumo on his RH...
- having to support Trotman replacing someone so that OM-Dumo doesn’t have to be a thing

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
CBJ putting the spanking on Buffalo. Will leap over Carolina for the 7th seed and be 3 points behind the penguins.

Would be, Tampa - Carolina, Boston - Toronto,
Capitals - Blue Jackets, Penguins - Isles

Yes please.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
+ Murray
+ team play
+ team learning to perform within themselves and play winning hockey WITHOUT relying on 2/3 of the Big 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad