Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Amazingly all of the negative naysayers were busy for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My issue with Murray was his health, dude got injured way too ****ing much and then there were some issues in his game that were popping up. But a guy with that kind of talent and pedigree, you can't blame a lot of us for being disappointed because most of us thought he had way more than he was showing us, in the tank.

The Murray that we are watching since he returned from his injury, is exactly the Murray we expected. We're getting it.

We should shut the **** up about it now.

Does anyone have that fancy ass site that lets you pick a date from and to thing? Murray since Dec 15th has to be a top 3 netminder in the league. The other two are probably Bishop and Kuemper.

Pretty much every stats site will let you do that, including the NHL one - http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...Type=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=savePctg

That shows him as 8th but of the guys in front of him, only Bishop and Lehner are starters and none of them have played more games than Murray - only 6 guys in that period have. Only three goalies have seen more rubber (and only two stopped more of it).

This is Vezina form.

Potash is nine feet tall in my heart. There, I said it.

You should probably see a doctor about that. Sounds pretty unhealthy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kinda off the topic here, but I really worry about Hornqvist and his life after hockey with how he has played the game. The abuse he takes game in and game out, especially to the upper body/ head area, mostly uncalled, does not scream promising after hockey experience.

Yeah.. I agree. I'm glad he got his contract. I just hope he knows when to call it a day. He has adorable kids and a beautiful wife. It's okay to take that lifestyle and run.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Kinda off the topic here, but I really worry about Hornqvist and his life after hockey with how he has played the game. The abuse he takes game in and game out, especially to the upper body/ head area, mostly uncalled, does not scream promising after hockey experience.
I thought it was ridiculous that after the weird hit into the boards when Hornquist immediately grabbed his head he was not taken out of the game for a concussion test. What the hell are they watching for that that hit didn't trigger the quiet room tests? It seemed an obvious case for one.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Hornqvist is the Gronk of the NHL. No matter how many injuries he suffers...he will be fine lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I love Hornqvist, think his impact is underappreciated, and hope he excels until he inevitably retires a Penguin. That being said, nobody in the league takes more punishment than he does. Injuries will catch up to him, he's not a machine.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
love horny, but for his sake I would love to see him on a team that had d-men that could regularly put good shots on net. that doesn't seem to be us.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
people here don't actually judge how players play but rather with a pre set agenda.

Maatta has had 2 solid games in a row off injury, pretty impressive.

I'm not saying that Maatta has played bad, however when I missed the start of the Nashville game, I wasn't surprised to see that the pairing of Maatta and wrong side Dumo had the one goal against them to that point. I don't think having a healthy Maatta is a bad thing, but JJ has played great with Schultz, MP has played great with Guds and Dumo is a much better player on his proper side. So it's not that Maatta is bad, its that him in the line-up makes everyone else not as good. Regardless Dumo playing his off side with Maatta is a lot better than having Trotman play, and I don't even hate playing Trotman.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Seems like most of his injuries have been concussions and that worries me because CTE is a serious problem and not one I'd wish on my worst enemy.

I hope these injuries are being managed better now and that doing so will lead to less problems for these guys after they retire. People can talk about how oh they make millions and they know the risk and blah blah blah but these are still human beings here and lots of money or no it's not nice for them to have to suffer in their retirement.

Thing is though while we are managing concussions better probably than they used to I still kinda doubt there will ever be a great way to recover from them. Or if there is, it will be many lifetimes after we're all dead. We know so little about the brain and until recently many athletes had no idea even what type of risk they were incurring by suffering concussions.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Literally no one noteworthy on this site, craps on Cullen.

If anything, a lot of us wanted him rested so we get the most out of him in the playoffs, right now he's feeding off of the energy from Adam Johnson and his ludicrous speed and Wilson doing his Craig Adams thing.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
You 2 guys almost sound like Letang is a non-factor when it comes to O, seems to me that even if he misses the net, there might be a rebound opportunity for Horny right there.

Last time i checked his stats were vastly mostly positives and this is one of the best Dman in the NHL to get the puck in the O zone, Horny needs that.

Also missing Malkin, however much some of you may think he sucks this season, it'll deflect attention from Crosby's line.

Healthy Letang and Geno are PO++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad