Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Amazingly all of the negative naysayers were busy for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++++ Murray: As always, I am so sick and tired of people taking this guy for granted. I don't have words anymore. He was so solid and made it look easy. It wasn't. That is when he's at his absolute best.

++++ 4th line: Johnson used his speed. Cully used his smarts. Wilson used his grit. That 4th line delivered big early in the game.

+++ Defensive support: Boy they smothered the Canes. Lots of backchecking forwards and a lot of great gap by the defense causing offsides and turnovers. We got a little lazy at getting pucks in deep that went to turnovers, but the Canes are good at doing that. That was a pretty damn good effort by the boys on the d-side of the puck.

+++ Hornqvist!!! The guy just is the heart and soul of this hockey team. He gives every ounce of himself all game and never stops. That's not an easy level to play at every night. But he does it. And he doesn't stop. He makes that Simon/Bjugs line have a heartbeat and those 2 guys bring their A game, too.

Lots of positives to take away from this one. It's the last meaningful game and Sid's line was jumping early and could have had 2-3 goals. Kessel did some Kessel things. Still not 100%. Defense was solid. Really shut the Canes down. This being the absolute last meaningful game of the regular season, they delivered.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
r6v3wLr.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Crosby saving 100 for the very last game. Here comes 5 points against the Wings(twice). Needing 1 against the Rangers.

No worries

Reactions: EightyOne

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Thought Sid played an inspired game. Sucks he didn't get any points. That probably costs him a chance at 100 unless he gets some serious cheapies in the final three. Not even sure he will play the final 3 if we lock a seed up before the last game.

We're in if Montreal loses one game (in regulation).

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pens played really well, getting 2 points against a good team without Geno and Letang is no easy task.

Only complaint is the 5 on 6 defense, Pens gotta do a better job in those situations, it just seems like we give up more chances then we should in those situations.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Only caught the last 10 mins cause we had our hockey championship game, but I like the defensive commitment especially after giving up the PP goal.

Murray was incredibly solid from what I saw. Huge win for the Pens. Let’s get healthy and get Bullet Club firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad