Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 1 Pens vs. Isles - The Maatta Special!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
++++ Bjugs/Kessel/Simon: Awesome line all game. Produced, got momentum, and played very well. Fantastic 3rd line.

+++ G/McCann: They ended up having a monster monster monster 30 minutes. Great dishes and great point blank chances. If they can keep it up, they have a good chance of winning this series.

+ 5 on 5: Thought the Pens outplayed the Isles in this game so that is encouraging.

+ Schultz and Dumo: It wasn't pretty but I thought both guys played well. It took Dumo a full period to get back to himself but he was good the rest of the game.

------- Maatta: It's beaten to death. I sat here and said JJ should get a jersey over Olli. Any questions as to why?

----- Sid's line: Pathetic. Owned the entire game and Rusty looked bad.

- 4th line: Dad can't do it all by himself. ZAR was rusty and Wilson is not a good hockey player at all.

No minus for letang being dog excrement?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maatta f***ing sucks. I said it before the game, he should not be in ahead of Johnson. He just f***ing sucks.

Rust was also invisible tonight, but my God, I just can't get over how bad Maatta is. Braindead decision after braindead decision tonight.

Trading him this summer can't come fast enough. And if he's still a Penguin next year, then f*** Rutherford and Sullivan.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Glad the birds are out clucking about Olli and Letang.

1st line let us down hard here.

Sid didn't realize the playoffs started until OT.

Did you see how deep he was coming back in OT and how much he was supporting? He couldn't be bothered to do it in regulation.

Jake cheated more in this game than anything I can recall from any other forward. He was blowing the zone any time there was the slightest chance of a 20/80 puck.

And Rust . . . sit your ass DOWN.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Can't turn the puck over entering the zone like that. Happened on the OT goal, happened on the play Oli got walked on, and happened on the late chance the Isles got in the third. It's almost a guaranteed scoring chance the other way.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Dump Zar and demote Rust.

Jake Sid TB
McCann Malkin Horny
Simon Bujs Kessel
Rust Cullen Wilson

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Maatta sucked. Dumo sucked. Sid sucked.

Geno, Phil, McCann, and Bjugs were good to great though.

It's a best of seven series. It was never going to be a breeze, regardless of what people thought when they said the Isles would be a pushover.

On a bright note; can't really get much worse than we were tonight in the execution or effort departments.
I mean... I said Isles in 6, so I figured they'd win 2. We needed a split, and we still have a chance to do that.

Learn from our self inflicted mistakes, and come back on Friday ready to prove it.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
They were all over us. We had a ton of chances - but a lot of them were just pucks thrown on net.

Maatta and Rust looked especially horrible... and the ice was just terrible (why?) - both sides were slipping and crashing into the boards all night.

Oh, and their fans boo everything. At first it reminded me of San Jose when their fans didn't know what icing was - but they seemed to have random boo-fests that left me looking for hits behind the play that were never there..

Reactions: Angrrus

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Well, if that didn’t shake then out of their malaise, nothing will. A team that was hungrier, quicker, and a crowd that was beating for blood

Have to be better everywhere. Starting with Olli, and put McCann back on L1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad