Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I know us here in the virtual world "consider" the human element of hockey. But imagine your best friends going through so many medical issues, including a stroke. And hell, not a medical issue, but your comrade learning English and fitting in and being such a bastard at it. :laugh:

They've been through so much together that I don't think any of us can comprehend.

I can because I have all the memories along with them. I was at the game that Crosby scored his first goal. I was at the game Malkin scored his first goal. I was at the game Crosby scored his 100th point. I was at so many Cup Finals games both in Pittsburgh and opposing stadiums. I would rather tank than to trade one of those core players. I bash Jagr for wanting to leave and I would bash the team if they didn't let those 3 retire Penguins. 4 Cup Final appearances and 3 Cups and the winningest team since Crosby has been in the league. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Crosby first ever Pens player to play 1,000 games. My only thing I regret is that I couldn't be in the stadium for that milestone.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Has there ever been three core players who had so many devastating injuries spanning their careers? I mean, at different points you wondered whether each of them would either ever play again or be the players they were before. Letang's best friend killed in an accident in 2008, Crosby's concussions, Malkin's ACL/MCL, Letang's stroke, the crazy Therrien years, the back to back finals in 2008 and 2009, the years in the desert and the crazy Bylsma era, Sullivan and Rutherford and the two back to back Cups to not only take back their legacy but put themselves a cut above in hockey history. What a crazy ride. It's weird that people are emotional about this since it's not a retirement, but you never know what will happen. We should enjoy those moments.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't know that I buy that. I could see Letang being moved before next season. Certainly a possibility.

If they lay an egg in the playoffs like the last two years, bye bye Letang at the very least. His current level of play is suggesting that we could potentially benefit from a trade with him.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Has there ever been three core players who had so many devastating injuries spanning their careers? I mean, at different points you wondered whether each of them would either ever play again or be the players they were before. Letang's best friend killed in an accident in 2008, Crosby's concussions, Malkin's ACL/MCL, Letang's stroke, the crazy Therrien years, the back to back finals in 2008 and 2009, the years in the desert and the crazy Bylsma era, Sullivan and Rutherford and the two back to back Cups to not only take back their legacy but put themselves a cut above in hockey history. What a crazy ride. It's weird that people are emotional about this since it's not a retirement, but you never know what will happen. We should enjoy those moments.

TBH only regret of this was that they should have saved it for his 500th goal probably next year.

500th goal > 1000th game.

Most likely with a full (or half-full) arena.

slowhands

Feb 20, 2021
The league adopted allowing slight interference to cut down on head injuries. Unfortunately, the league allows way more than that was intended, and teams abuse it for that crazy term....*You Can't Call All Of Them."

I think they call less than 1% as is.
This makes sense slowing the game down makes it safer, but I think when it comes to teams like the islanders it degrades the product the NHL is putting out. This game wasnt as bad as some of the others vs the isles but it definetly seems like some teams do it more than others. Of course I dont have an appreciation for that style, I was just curious as they put away the whistles sometimes as someone said theyre just keeping it even, but it seems like it significantly impacts the games sometimes and devalues skill. It would be like if offensive lineman could just hold all game

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This makes sense slowing the game down makes it safer, but I think when it comes to teams like the islanders it degrades the product the NHL is putting out. This game wasnt as bad as some of the others vs the isles but it definetly seems like some teams do it more than others. Of course I dont have an appreciation for that style, I was just curious as they put away the whistles sometimes as someone said theyre just keeping it even, but it seems like it significantly impacts the games sometimes and devalues skill. It would be like if offensive lineman could just hold all game
I honestly don’t even know if “ holding the stick” is still a penalty because I feel like it’s been years since I’ve seen that one called, but it happens multiple times a game.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
If they lay an egg in the playoffs like the last two years, bye bye Letang at the very least. His current level of play is suggesting that we could potentially benefit from a trade with him.

Will see, I wouldn't bet my house on it if I were you.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This comment from Sullivan is an ouch for KK.

“I was trying to find guys who were bringing it tonight, who were competing hard and give us the best chance to win,” Sullivan said. “…I didn’t think Kappy had his game going (Saturday), so I was trying to find guys who were going to give us an opportunity to win.”

Such bullshit. Dude was an inch from scoring a goal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He doesn’t play Sullivan’s style. I’m afraid he’s probably not long for a Penguins uniform.

I hope not. Kapanen has been great for us. And the fact our coach thought Lafferty was a solution to win says all it needs to.

Kapanen is currently tied for 3rd for 5v5 production. He has been on the ice for 10
goals or and 5 goals against.

Sullivan can eat a dick. Just awful awful bullshit to choose a player who has 0 pts been on the ice for 2 goals for and 6 goals against because he went with “players that will make us win”. Same shit he did with McCann. Jesus Christ.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

You wanna know how I know you became a Penguins fan in after 2005?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I hope not. Kapanen has been great for us. And the fact our coach thought Lafferty was a solution to win says all it needs to.

Kapanen is currently tied for 3rd for 5v5 production. He has been on the ice for 10
goals or and 5 goals against.

Sullivan can eat a dick. Just awful awful bullshit to choose a player who has 0 pts been on the ice for 2 goals for and 6 goals against because he went with “players that will make us win”. Same shit he did with McCann. Jesus Christ.
Agreed 100%. You can’t justify Sully’s actions. He’s gone full-Bylsma.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Will see, I wouldn't bet my house on it if I were you.

Maybe not my house...but maybe one of my cars. One of my commuter cars. Maybe the lil Civic. Not the Z3 or the Ranger though.

If they bow out like they did against the Canadians or Islanders, I do expect to see Letang out and there to be a retool on the fly for 2 years, then rebuild.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Matheson has been one of the primary sources of offense the last few games. That’s awesome and also kinda sad.

Why is that sad? Matheson is the most talented Dman on the Pens defense. I have reserves about him considering his history of play in the neutral zone and how he handles pressure along the boards, but the guy probably puts up 60 points if he was a winger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
You wanna know how I know you became a Penguins fan in after 2005?

I became a Penguin fan in the early 90s with Jagr and Lemieux. Nice guess though lol. Nothing that happened with those teams compares as a group to what these three have been through spanning 15 years. They've played together the longest, they won three Cups through it all, and overcame everything that happened. You can't even call Jagr and Lemieux a core, that sour taste from his exit is never gonna leave. It's not the same.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Because we spent a 1st and a prospect on a player that just got benched for f***ing Lafferty when he has been our most consistent wing after Rust this year.

Yes, that is fine, be mad at Sullivan! Nothing to bitch about ON ICE tonight.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad