OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Head of the studio walks into a meeting screaming and yelling that they need to make more money and storms out.

Person A “Wow we better come up with something fast. He’s furious. Wait let’s do another fast and furious movie.”

Person B: “We can’t keep doing the same stuff”

Person A: “They keep making money and it won’t be the same. We’ll add a couple new hot people and an extra bad guy then we will change the colour of the cars in the big chase scene.”

1 billion dollars profit later............
21Vh.gif

It was reported that JJ just brought a used wank sock for his script for the Star Wars trilogy.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But back to Kobe for a second, I get that REW's gripes about Kobe, there was a settlement and honestly, if that incident happened in 2018-19 instead of when it did, this whole thing might be viewed differently. He basically apologized that she felt that way and gave her a bunch of money to hush hush it away.

It's so morbid though, opportunists are such sick f***s, Nike had to stop all Kobe Bryant sales on their website because people are literally buying up all of the Kobe merchandise to resell later. At insane cost hikes just to take advantage of people that want the merchandise, Nike will just keep making more stuff and tribute stuff, it's no different than FF doing more "Brian" tie ins, trying to be "emotional" about that story because that is literally the only plot device they have that makes it emotional in movies for people, not Han literally getting blown the f*** up and everyone being pals with his killer, lmao at that whole thing btw.

On an unrelated note, I have about 200 Kobe Bryant t-shirts, about $350 each, PM me, just remember I am a male.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My cat just threw up. Fan-****ing-tastic.
Gross, my old dog used to throw up a giant ball of her food after eating it too fast and then running around. Boston Terriers are weird dogs. I would try to make it so she would eat slower by giving her a tiny cup at a time and she knew, ok done that, wait, then more...somehow, still a giant ball of slimy food somewhere in the house.

I miss that dog.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, my cat's like that - the puke usually comes from bolting it down. Which is weird as I'd never seen him eat to begin with. But there we go. He's his usual chipper self now, by which I mean stealing my seat every time I get up

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Finally watching marriage story. The idea that scarjo isn't a good actor has to be dead now, right?
She's good in dramatic roles, as evidenced by Lost in Translation and that movie, the rest of the stuff she's done, imo are meh and nothing that really stands out in comparison.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
She's good in dramatic roles, as evidenced by Lost in Translation and that movie, the rest of the stuff she's done, imo are meh and nothing that really stands out in comparison.
Well half of her good movies are marvel, so we know we won't agree there. I'd definitely add Under the Skin though, plus voice stuff like Her.

She's certainly done a lot of bad movies, but so have most big actors.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well half of her good movies are marvel, so we know we won't agree there. I'd definitely add Under the Skin though, plus voice stuff like Her.

For me, it's more or less the director and script, because both roles were basically tailor made for an actress to do well, but that's my opinion. Because in both movies, there were outstanding performances by a lot of people, which was just fantastic direction/writing. Meanwhile, we've seen plenty of times where movies that were meh but the actor/actress in a role was the standout. In this case, there'a more than a handful in Marriage Story that are just on the same level as her, which brings me, me, to that conclusion.

In JoJo Rabbit, she was outclassed by basically everyone in that movie, she was the weakest part in that movie for me. A newcomer kid was acting circles around her.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

You are going to use 'Under the Skin' as an example?? She has like 5 minutes of dialog and 90 minutes of looking sexy. Not that I'm complaining. It was a good movie too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You are going to use 'Under the Skin' as an example?? She has like 5 minutes of dialog and 90 minutes of looking sexy. Not that I'm complaining. It was a good movie too.
I'm pretty sure my Siri does the same acting job as hers in Her.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You can act without dialogue.
I'm pretty sure my Siri does the same acting job as hers in Her.
Or with only dialogue :laugh:

I really liked marriage story. Definitely my favorite Netflix movie I've watched.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You can act without dialogue.

Or with only dialogue :laugh:

I really liked marriage story. Definitely my favorite Netflix movie I've watched.
Adam Sandler acts her out of her jock in Uncut Gems, just sayin'.

That one is my fav Netflix movie I've ever watched, in a theatre. No less.

Ps - Kramer vs Kramer was better, this rehash, eh.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I just watched the last 6 minutes of the Tetris world championship. 7 time winner versus a 16 yo. I couldn’t stop watching :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Adam Sandler acts her out of her jock in Uncut Gems, just sayin'.

That one is my fav Netflix movie I've ever watched, in a theatre. No less.

Ps - Kramer vs Kramer was better, this rehash, eh.
had no idea that was Netflix, probably because its not on Netflix yet. It does look really good. Adam Sandler is great when he wants to be, so I don't doubt that he's great. Doesn't diminish her in this one though.

And I think there can be more than one good movie about divorce. Especially when they're made 40 years apart.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
had no idea that was Netflix, probably because its not on Netflix yet. It does look really good. And I think there can be more than one good movie about divorce.
It's as much of a netflix movie as Roma, the issue is Netflix is tired of people whining about the lack of release time in theatres to be considered eligible for awards, so it's released in theatres first and then onto Netflix like normal.

Marriage Story wouldn't get nearly as much buzz if it was released in the same way because people would just call it what it is - An updated version of Kramer vs Kramer where Kylo out acts Black Widow but doesn't get enough praise for his acting in this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's as much of a netflix movie as Roma, the issue is Netflix is tired of people whining about the lack of release time in theatres to be considered eligible for awards, so it's released in theatres first and then onto Netflix like normal.

Marriage Story wouldn't get nearly as much buzz if it was released in the same way because people would just call it what it is - An updated version of Kramer vs Kramer where Kylo out acts Black Widow but doesn't get enough praise for his acting in this.
they were both really good. Neither stood above the other imo.

And seriously, its 40 years later. People still get divorced: we can fit another good movie on the subject.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
they were both really good. Neither stood above the other imo.

And seriously, its 40 years later. People still get divorced: we can fit another good movie on the subject.
Which would be fine, if it wasn't basically a blatant rip off of the original, so for me, to be considered compelling it should be done in a different way. But it's virtually the same thing, updated to today's climate.

I'm not saying Marriage Story isn't good, I think it's good, not nearly as good as KvsK, because it's basically ripping off that source material/novel.

I mean, War of the Roses, to me, does a better job of doing something different with the topic of Divorce than a retread of Kramer vs Kramer that Marriage Story ends up being.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Which would be fine, if it wasn't basically a blatant rip off of the original, so for me, to be considered compelling it should be done in a different way. But it's virtually the same thing, updated to today's climate.

I'm not saying Marriage Story isn't good, I think it's good, not nearly as good as KvsK, because it's basically ripping off that source material/novel.

I mean, War of the Roses, to me, does a better job of doing something different with the topic of Divorce than a retread of Kramer vs Kramer that Marriage Story ends up being.
I haven't seen K vs K. That said, if the wiki article is even close to accurate, the actual story seems quite a bit different outside of being about parents getting divorced.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I haven't seen K vs K. That said, if the wiki article is even close to accurate, the actual story seems quite a bit different outside of being about parents getting divorced.
You should watch Kramer vs Kramer. It's also on Netflix right now, so you're able to stream it right now and check it out.

Then go watch The War of the Roses, just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad