OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah I hope so, this dog has been up for adoption for months on the website I've watched. To me, it seems super reasonable, but I have no idea how they'll react.

I mean, just look at this dog, I hope they say say

D'aww ... what a face!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Oil, tire rotation, and brake pads all around are on my to-do ASAP list for my baby sized Miata. Rotors are okay. Got me some light track brake pads...kinda concerned about cold performance, but we'll see. I'd like something that bites better when I do end up driving like an idiot. Should take me like 4ish hours or so depending on how quick I am crawling around a cold concrete garage floor.

I 'need' to put some new suspension but eh, it's still usable. I dont know if I want to drop the $1200 on performance replacements based on age of my car.

But.

I am like 200 miles away from 200,000 miles lol. Damn thing just keeps living. So maybe I will.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oil, tire rotation, and brake pads all around are on my to-do ASAP list for my baby sized Miata. Rotors are okay. Got me some light track brake pads...kinda concerned about cold performance, but we'll see. I'd like something that bites better when I do end up driving like an idiot. Should take me like 4ish hours or so depending on how quick I am crawling around a cold concrete garage floor.

I 'need' to put some new suspension but eh, it's still usable. I dont know if I want to drop the $1200 on performance replacements based on age of my car.

But.

I am like 200 miles away from 200,000 miles lol. Damn thing just keeps living. So maybe I will.
Hit up a local junkyard, there's a chance a car like yours was there and they stripped it down for parts. You can get it for probably half or even haggle with them to get it for less than half.

My Dad always taught us how to do your own maintenance on a car or truck, something about doing most if not all of it yourself just makes you feel more accomplished, you know?

8DGe2i5.gif

Plus, my gf likes to hang around me while I work on the truck and flirt because she likes watching me get my hands dirty, so there's also that. She's good with changing the oil and brakes herself as well, but since I do it, it's "Babe, I think the oil is bad in my car..."

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm curious, does my suggestion seem reasonable to people here? My current idea is that I'll pay the current foster family to take care of the dog until I can fully adopt him, with me being able to take care of him/hang out with him over the weekends. That seems reasonable to me, but there are more than just me involved in this :laugh:
Sounds reasonable. To me it sounds like a guy that really wants to adopt a dog but also wants to make sure his life is set for one and wants to see how this all works out first. I mean it's better than adopting the dog and then realizing that you don't have time or money for it and can't give the dog the attention it deserves. That is a far greater tragedy and why so many dogs end up in the pound and stay there for the rest of their lives.

That crushes me, knowing that. So hey, I think your proposition sounds reasonable with all things considered. Also, who knows what can happen in the next month or so right, so this is a good option I think.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Hit up a local junkyard, there's a chance a car like yours was there and they stripped it down for parts. You can get it for probably half or even haggle with them to get it for less than half.

My Dad always taught us how to do your own maintenance on a car or truck, something about doing most if not all of it yourself just makes you feel more accomplished, you know?

Plus, my gf likes to hang around me while I work on the truck and flirt because she likes watching me get my hands dirty, so there's also that. She's good with changing the oil and brakes herself as well, but since I do it, it's "Babe, I think the oil is bad in my car..."

There's a healthy pick a part/junkyard/breaker industry out there, for sure.

I like doing my own car stuff because, it's mostly just nuts and bolts. Remove this, refit this, save a bunch of money and you get eyes on the vehicle to see potential issues before they get worse. There is a zen to it as well, if you aren't under a deadline to finish it super fast, at least.

Carpentry/electrical, eh, not as big a fan of DIY, lol.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's a healthy pick a part/junkyard/breaker industry out there, for sure.

I like doing my own car stuff because, it's mostly just nuts and bolts. Remove this, refit this, save a bunch of money and you get eyes on the vehicle to see potential issues before they get worse.

Carpentry/electrical, eh, not as big a fan of DIY, lol.

I'm all about DIY stuff. I took carpentry classes a decade ago, so I dabble in that here and there just for the sake of doing something. It's relaxing for me, working on things. Electrical stuff, not good at really, my gf's brother is a electrician and he always guides me with things when I want to learn, good guy, but without him I'd probably fry my self at least a dozen times a year, haha.

I love camping and hiking as well, so I guess it just fits my lifestyle. Which is odd when you know I basically sit in an office for work or board rooms to discuss sales.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
or it makes perfect sense for the pendulum to swing like that.
True, true.

Right now, I am trying to learn Japanese joinery techniques with wood, kind of fun really. Been working on just the joints so far, to get that down 100% before I start to actually build anything. So I have a lot of pieces that have random joints laying around now, or..."Camp fire wood."

And because I apparently don't have enough free time for my own hobbies, my gf has signed us up for a resin pouring class.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
That is the one thing about carpentry, you never end up with 'trash' it is always useful practice or ends up with something you can use--fireword--hahah

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That is the one thing about carpentry, you never end up with 'trash' it is always useful practice or ends up with something you can use--fireword--hahah
Exactly!

If I mess up, it's useful in another way. Also, I am not buying premium wood to do it. I've mostly bought discarded pieces of wood at the lumber shop that they sell to me dirt cheap and would have turned to mulch, otherwise. So I take the smaller pieces, clean them up and then play around with the joinery techniques.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see the RING video doorbell security commecial?
COMICAL! Because B & E 'ers go to your front door to break in during daylight hours.

Honestly, a horrible product. Yet it will make millions I bet. *sigh*

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
COMICAL! Because B & E 'ers go to your front door to break in during daylight hours.

not sure about the front door, but most B&E's do happen during the day while people are at work.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

A client of mine has it, purely so her Daughter can see who knocks at the door, she can also see inside the house from various angles.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
not sure about the front door, but most B&E's do happen during the day while people are at work.
I guess my point is you can either smash it... just walk around it... or ignore it.
It's kind of a weird thing to have the way it is advertised that you can heckle your thwarted criminals.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
One episode? I honestly loved all of them.

But maybe the cabin trip with Niles and the two dates.
That's why I love to hear everyones favorite episode. JUST ONE. Because the show is jam packed with amazing episodes so I like to see a singular best.
Mine is S4E18, Ham radio. When Fraiser is in charge of running the murder mystery radio episode.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's why I love to hear everyones favorite episode. JUST ONE. Because the show is jam packed with amazing episodes so I like to see a singular best.
Mine is S4E18, Ham radio. When Fraiser is in charge of running the murder mystery radio episode.
Oh yeah that's a good one too.

Which episode was the stupid chicken and the whatever dude?

There's also the episode where Martin takes Frasier to his fav bar and they hang out, sentimental episode.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh yeah that's a good one too.

Which episode was the stupid chicken and the whatever dude?

There's also the episode where Martin takes Frasier to his fav bar and they hang out, sentimental episode.
Not sure about the chicken. But the bar episode with the father (dukes bar) is when fraiser and niles back an investment company in season 2 that end up demo'ing dukes bar.

I also like Season 3 when Fraiser fights with his female boss... also season 3, when Fraiser is hosting his wine tasting party S3E5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad