Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No fire in this team the last couple weeks. Won some with lackluster effort, but they can't do anything right anymore. Just pissing away points left and right.

waPuntR.gif

Going to need another March of the Penguins this year just to make the playoffs.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
This team is slipping to a wild card when it’s should have been on top. Trotman and JJ are the piloting the ship down while sully cry’s about Zars injury

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm fearful that the team peaked earlier, and they can't kick it back up a notch. Almost looks like the tank is empty.

I brought this up a little bit ago.
Fear was they peaked already.
Theres still one last dying breath of hope with Dumo/Marino but still...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens can't score goals. It's actually fascinating to see, in a morbid sort of way.

It would have been nice to add some offense to this forward group instead of just more bottom six depth. But nah, gotta build a team full of "speed with no finish".

Whatever. Hopefully they find their game before the playoffs begin.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If we lose tomorrow, does Sully get fired? Honest question.

No, but he probably does if they miss or lose unceremoniously in the first round. Neither of which I’d expect to happen still, but I guess we’ll see how long this can go before it’s an 18 wheeler. Tampa’s lost 4 in a row too. Ultimately hockey is a dumb sport that is mostly random, especially in the age of parity, so whatever.

Reactions: farscape1

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
No, but he probably does if they miss or lose unceremoniously in the first round. Neither of which I’d expect to happen still, but I guess we’ll see how long this can go before it’s an 18 wheeler. Tampa’s lost 4 in a row too. Ultimately hockey is a dumb sport that is mostly random, especially in the age of parity, so whatever.

tampa at least is dying trying pens just suck right now

Reactions: EightyOne

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

If they lose in a 5-game "Gentleman's sweep" to NYI or PHI, he is gone. And that is the most likely outcome right now.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Pretty much

Pens have looked reallllly neutered though. Not like these have been legit close losses of well battled hockey games.

Reactions: Big JD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Team has serious issues on defense, and Trotman doesn’t count as NHL depth, JR.

But.. by and large they are still in a slump, and unlucky.

Also, it needs to be said again, you ain’t winning shit with the recent save percentages being put up.

Our D has been bad for awhile but I attribute the last couple weeks of suck to part effort, bad luck and that the goaltending has come down from its heights...it was propping alot of the D up and now it’s not...both Murray and Jarry need to be better unfortunately for us to win...while maybe only one goal could be considered Murray’s fault, he really looked slow or off his angle all night, jittery too...even though I don’t think it cost us goals because ANA blows...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Is it really that much of a shock when one of our only wingers who can actually snipe (Jake) goes down and the rest of the winger group is full of guys who'd score in the 10-15 goal range on all other teams?

I think we're seeing what happens when you once again put all the emphasis on Crosby/Malkin creating EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY. When they can't, or when they need some help, we go through this stretch of games where no one scores.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I brought this up a little bit ago.
Fear was they peaked already.
Theres still one last dying breath of hope with Dumo/Marino but still...
I don't think we peaked too early, I think we strayed far away from playing a sound fundamental brand of hockey. We're turning over pucks as if there's a quota to be met. Our play in front of our net is an adventure. And we're not aptly manning guys away from the crease to allow our goalies the vision to make saves. Other than that we've been tremendous!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad