OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For me the worst part of the Garfield Spidey movies was Jamie Foxx and his shitty take on Electro.

Imagine my surprise when I hear he's in the Holland spidey as....Electro..

Yikes.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's because boot cut jeans are gross.

Boot cut are for those JNCO wearers that are trying to be adult.

I was typing it and you wrote it. Boot cut is disgusting. Unless you are a farmer in the field and you wear BOOTS... you don't need boot cuts.

I wear boots almost every work day and the jean fit is still atrocious.

Worn appropriately, (carpenter here) I'm not looking to turn on other 'Dudes' who make up 90% of the workforce. There is a lot of comfort in wearing them, and I'm not looking to be some dudes B****! wearing skinny jeans...

Most girls are not looking at the bootcuts any ways, and honestly, they direct their attention where they want it anyways.

B159GKH_AVB

I don't like regular denim jeans and prefer this all day. Fabric is lighter and breathes better than denim.

If I see you on the worksite with skinny jeans you're not there to work.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Worn appropriately, (carpenter here) I'm not looking to turn on other 'Dudes' who make up 90% of the workforce. There is a lot of comfort in wearing them, and I'm not looking to be some dudes B****! wearing skinny jeans...

Most girls are not looking at the bootcuts any ways, and honestly, they direct their attention where they want it anyways.

B159GKH_AVB

I don't like regular denim jeans and prefer this all day. Fabric is lighter and breathes better than denim.

When I worked on job sites doing landscape construction (in the office now) I would wear those. Wasn’t a fan of wearing denim at work. I ended up getting $10 ones from Walmart (might have been Wrangler’s) beacause in my line of work they lasted just as long as Carhartt’s which were $50-60.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
When I worked on job sites doing landscape construction (in the office now) I would wear those. Wasn’t a fan of wearing denim at work. I ended up getting $10 ones from Walmart (might have been Wrangler’s) beacause in my line of work they lasted just as long as Carhartt’s which were $50-60.

Yeah, you are there to make money not spend it to look all fancy. I do keep a few pairs looking nice for when I'd go look at jobs or just out and about working. No paint/stains on them, (I'm not a very messy worker though) but they eventually make their way into the regular rotation. I have probably 15 or so pairs to not have to depend on doing laundry so often. I even got a couple fleece lined pairs for outside cold jobs. I have one each coveralls/bib for winter too.

What do I care what people see me look like running a saw or putting in a floor and the many things I do. I'm working on a house currently being put up for sale. Complete rehab inside and out with no inhabitants. Love those kind of jobs... Nobody to distract you but other workers you have on the job.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, you are there to make money not spend it to look all fancy. I do keep a few pairs looking nice for when I'd go look at jobs or just out and about working. No paint/stains on them, (I'm not a very messy worker though) but they eventually make their way into the regular rotation. I have probably 15 or so pairs to not have to depend on doing laundry so often. I even got a couple fleece lined pairs for outside cold jobs. I have one each coveralls/bib for winter too.

What do I care what people see me look like running a saw or putting in a floor and the many things I do. I'm working on a house currently being put up for sale. Complete rehab inside and out with no inhabitants. Love those kind of jobs... Nobody to distract you but other workers you have on the job.

Most days I’d be fairly dirty in my line of work. I got the pants that were a bit thinner. That’s just my preference for all pants. Winter I would be wearing long johns no matter what.

The thing I would spend a lot of money on is good quality rain gear and waterproof boots. Being in Vancouver it’s going to rain a lot and we don’t stop unless there is snow piled up or the ground is frozen (but we work on a lot of slab jobs so we can usually keep going so mainly just snow stops us).

For my work Carhartt’s rain gear was thicker and harder to tear so I’d spen $4-500 on overalls and a jacket and $2-300 on the Dakota boots used for the oil fields in the winter. So happy when it’s pouring rain but I’m dry, warm and toasty under it all. Depending on the day you get a bit damp with sweat. I was the foreman though so I did a little less of the grunt work but everyday was still physical (except excavating days :))

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

B159GKH_AVB

Seeing it in this context is different. For work, I get it mate. But in your every day wear? No bueno.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was typing it and you wrote it. Boot cut is disgusting. Unless you are a farmer in the field and you wear BOOTS... you don't need boot cuts.

I was gonna get huffy until you pointed out that wearing boots makes it acceptable...pretty sure every pair I owned in Montana was a boot cut, but then again every pair of shoes I owned were boots of some sort.

Skinny jeans are just the worst...but then again I'm short and have Crosby-esque calves so those were never going to look good/fit on me.

Generally my favorite/most worn kind of pants are plaid trousers, which should surprise none of you because I am a cartoon character from a different century.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

This is both accurate and way off simultaneously :laugh:

There's definitely a fashion sense being gone for here that isn't there for me, but that is oddly close to how I would have dressed in high school from the waste down. Black Chucks lasted me throughout high school, but I'd never dream of wearing clean Chucks. That shit needs battle scars, holes, and pen marks everywhere. Those pants are plaid and similar to a pair I had in high school, but not a pattern I like (ideally I want my pants to look like a 1970s Woolworth's couch, preferably heavy in brown and/or green). I don't know what that shirt is, but white is an instant no for me, as is anything three sizes too large and tucking anything in.

My fashion sense is a hodgepodge thanks to my intolerance of warmth. Ideally I'd have nothing but tweed and flannel, but...um...I'd need to live in the Arctic Circle to wear any of that for more than an hour.

2 parts lumberjack
2 parts elderly Irish man
2 parts contemporary outdoorsman (the recognizable labels in my wardrobe is names like Arc'teryx and Patagonia)
1 part Bavarian stereotype
+ a bunch of graphic tees because anything heavier would kill me in temperatures above ~70°F/20°C

After 3/4 of a year inside I just look like an even harrier Will Forte from the Last Man on Earth pilot.

I'll be honest...one of my favorite things about traveling is being able to wear clothes I actually like :laugh: Stupid f***ing California, nobody wants me to take layers off.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just watched "Boss Level" with that bloke from Kingdom (mma type show) and Gibson, hilarious and fun...

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Went to sleep at like 9:30 and woke up 45 mins later thinking I got a full night of sleep. It was 45 minutes.... :laugh: Now i'm wide ass awake

Happens to me a few times a month. I’m a very particular sleeper too so it messes me up. I rarely get too long of a sleep without waking up:

1. I can’t sleep longer than 5-6 hours in a row and

2. My black pug has kidney disease so a lot of nights he has to go to outside to pee in the middle of the night. As soon as he jumps off the bed I wake up no matter how tired I am. Seems weird but I’m sure there’s some scientific explanation. EDIT: about me waking when he gets out of bed not him needing to pee :laugh:

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Even though I said I wouldn't be buying any more games, I finally bought Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon for $5.

Though I've been thinking I need to re-play Super Metroid.

And I stopped re-playing Luigi's Mansion 3 about half way through.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Went into the dentist and ended up with about 100 minutes of work done. I take super good care of my teeth, but I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was causing stress to the gums in the back. This f***ing wisdom tooth is turned sideways. :laugh:

And even though it's painful/annoying.. if that is the WORST that comes to me in 2020... I feel like I've won.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Went into the dentist and ended up with about 100 minutes of work done. I take super good care of my teeth, but I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was causing stress to the gums in the back. This f***ing wisdom tooth is turned sideways. :laugh:

And even though it's painful/annoying.. if that is the WORST that comes to me in 2020... I feel like I've won.

3 out of 4 of my wisdom teeth were coming in horizontally. Wasn't painful until after but the crunching noise made me uncomfortable. I really wanted to be put under but didn't want to pay the extra $1000. Hope you have good recovery pain killers or just booze up. Alcohol is a liquid so should be on the safe things to consume lol.

I was trying to go through positives of 2020 for me this week: got to see family and friends I hadn't seen in 7 years going back to Australia for the first time since my accident, my pug with kidney disease has been relatively stable, the company I work for has had their best year ever (so that will turn into $ for me), my blood work is improving (not that is was super bad or anything), got a new car, helping a woman my friend knows in the rocky mountains through her brain injury because the doctors there just told her to sleep it off and that was it (2 months later she still has symptoms that I know to well), my Mum did get Covid but did recover fine (phew!!!).

So not too bad the only real personal negatives are just dealing with the Covid situation mentally which is manageable (there's ups and downs) and I'm not losing any weight (but not gaining either).

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
10.1.20ON-MODELS0571-Edit_2048x.jpg

Not sure whether or not @Ogrezilla would approve of your $110 cargo shorts with built in leggings. On one hand they are cargo shorts, but on the other hand they look really bad and you can get 5 pair of cargo shorts at WalMart and a pair of Skechers for the same price.
FFS, at least show me the top half as well you f***ing wanker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad