OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know @ColePens was also a fan of Persons of Interest...so doesn't the new show "Next" just seem like Persons of Interest part 2?

Edit: Nvm, it's like 5 episodes in and already cancelled.
I'm actually watching it with my father since we watched PoI. We actually rewatched PoI.

This show f***ing sucks. It goes 0-60 in seconds. Like PoI built over time. It showed the nuances of an AI. This thing went all-in AI by episode 2. :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm actually watching it with my father since we watched PoI. We actually rewatched PoI.

This show f***ing sucks. It goes 0-60 in seconds. Like PoI built over time. It showed the nuances of an AI. This thing went all-in AI by episode 2. :laugh:
You got through more than I did, I just got through half an episode and was like...how dare Roger Sterling leave Cooper Draper Price for this garbage.

Reactions: ColePens

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Regarding health and fitness, here's my timeline:
  1. High school senior year soccer season (Oct 2005), 5'10", 130#.
  2. Post college graduation (May 2011), same height, but 185#. Not muscle, just fat.
  3. In August 2011 I bought an exercise bike. That same year my roommate started doing a video exercise program (I forget which) and I joined, on occasion. I also started running.
  4. At some point in 2012 I bought my first set of resistance bands.
  5. I believe I hit 160# in 2013.
  6. In 2014 I quit my job and moved back to Pittsburgh. At the job I eventually got with CONSOL we had a pull up bar that we'd take some time out of the day to use.
  7. Still running, but never ran a race, I signed up for a half marathon in January 2015. At this point I think I weigh 150#. Ran the PGH Half in May 2015 in 2 hours, 5 minutes, and 53 seconds... 5:53 short of my goal. :ha:
  8. Got a new job in April 2016 and joined the gym at that office building. I've been at different offices and gyms since then.
  9. Tore my ACL in September 2018. Had successful surgery and rehab. Haven't really run since, though.
Now I fluctuate between 135# and 150#. I love my exercise bike.

And I absolutely hate when people say "oh you're skinny you don't have to worry about anything." f*** off. I lost 50+ pounds and worked hard at it. I also count my calories and have been for almost 900 days straight (according to myfitnesspal).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I always used to get both, but this time I'm sticking with Xbox, at least until PS offers some exclusive titles I might actually give a shit about. But Xbox's biggest draw back before they corrected it, was the lack of bluetooth connectivity (with the Xbox One series, but for some reason, didn't for the Series X & S).

For as much as the 'Microsoft has no games' argument dominates the discussion basically anywhere I turn...I'm really feeling the opposite right now. The PS5 will inevitably get a ton of games I want to play that don't come to the Series X because of the Japan thing (I always knew they didn't acknowledge Microsoft there, but you don't realize how irrelevant it is until you go to an 8 story game store with a larger PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) section than Xbone), but for now Sony hasn't given me a single half-decent reason to consider it yet. Persona 6 will be a system seller...but who knows how many years away that is.

Game Pass already has more games I want to play on it than I'll ever feasibly be able to play, so there's certainly no lacking of games issue there.

edit: Welp...I'll get it eventually, but I'll be putting it off a couple extra months now so I can play best uncle ever...or pretend to, at least. Finally found one of those Animal Crossing Switches at MSRP and pulled the trigger. I mean...they're not getting that one, they're young enough that used/hand-me-down electronics are the only thing that makes sense and my original Switch's battery renders it useless to someone who almost exclusively plays it handheld.

They've also destroyed 3 or 4 pairs of JoyCons already, so they're not getting the nice ones :laugh:

Regardless...I don't think I ever got a Christmas gift from any of my uncles so screw it. I'm already their hero because I "know games"...even if I can't recommend anything I like to them for another 5 or so years. I am not good at feigning interest in Roblox and Minecraft, but I should probably hold off on the Fire Emblem until the oldest can read a book with more than two sentences on each page...

Last edited:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mate... @ColePens

I am watching Dark Side of the Ring...what the f***. Bruiser Brody murder is just...wow.

Holy shit what a great series. And you know it's f***ing good when they can't use any footage from WWF/WWF/WCW and it's still fantastic. I know some of these can be very dark, but they are captivating and tell a fair story.

The Owen Hart one tells a story nobody has heard as we've only heard the WWE side of it. Cocaine and Cowboy Boots blew my mind. And New Jack is down right insane.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Regarding health and fitness, here's my timeline:
  1. High school senior year soccer season (Oct 2005), 5'10", 130#.
  2. Post college graduation (May 2011), same height, but 185#. Not muscle, just fat.
  3. In August 2011 I bought an exercise bike. That same year my roommate started doing a video exercise program (I forget which) and I joined, on occasion. I also started running.
  4. At some point in 2012 I bought my first set of resistance bands.
  5. I believe I hit 160# in 2013.
  6. In 2014 I quit my job and moved back to Pittsburgh. At the job I eventually got with CONSOL we had a pull up bar that we'd take some time out of the day to use.
  7. Still running, but never ran a race, I signed up for a half marathon in January 2015. At this point I think I weigh 150#. Ran the PGH Half in May 2015 in 2 hours, 5 minutes, and 53 seconds... 5:53 short of my goal. :ha:
  8. Got a new job in April 2016 and joined the gym at that office building. I've been at different offices and gyms since then.
  9. Tore my ACL in September 2018. Had successful surgery and rehab. Haven't really run since, though.
Now I fluctuate between 135# and 150#. I love my exercise bike.

And I absolutely hate when people say "oh you're skinny you don't have to worry about anything." f*** off. I lost 50+ pounds and worked hard at it. I also count my calories and have been for almost 900 days straight (according to myfitnesspal).

Man.. I just want to say 2 things.

1) I applaud you. Because you f***ing get it.

2) Thank you for giving a great explanation of why this is a journey. You did some trial/error it looks like, had some set backs, figured shit out, and it's still a journey.

I got nothing but f***ing massive respect for this post.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Holy shit what a great series. And you know it's f***ing good when they can't use any footage from WWF/WWF/WCW and it's still fantastic. I know some of these can be very dark, but they are captivating and tell a fair story.

The Owen Hart one tells a story nobody has heard as we've only heard the WWE side of it. Cocaine and Cowboy Boots blew my mind. And New Jack is down right insane.
Snuka one was one we all suspected out of him.

He did that shit.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Eye ulcer all healed but is a conehead for 3 more days as a precaution. #sadpug

4nuaa4.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It floors me that contraband cigarettes were a thing. Yeah on the Dino Bravo episode in the background while I work.

I skipped the Macho man episode. Might go back to that one after I finish the 2nd season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I kind of want one of those under the desk exercise bike things.
It's an even better workout if you sit back on your chair and lift your legs and pretend you're cycling and do it in sets, you engage your core and still get cardio without looking like an absolute wanker.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Because we had one in our office and I would always stand at my desk and walk around while doing calls and my colleague who had the office across from me (glass wall) would tell me I gave him anxiety lol, so he told me to sit at the desk and ride this bike thing he had, so I tried it, I hated it, I looked like a f***ing wanker trying to adjust myself in my seat to pedal faster and then you get a sweaty ass while you're in your seat because being a gym rat, you can't take something like that and just do it in a relaxing way, it's a "I need to get the most out of this" mentality.

So I would go back to walking around but then I would do lunges and then sit on the sofa when he'd tap on the window and start doing air cycling and it let me just focus on my core/abdominals and let me slow down.

I am a fidgety type of wanker, if you will, no euphemism, I always have my leg shaking when I sit, or I am playing around with a pen, clicking it or taking it apart and putting it back together, so my fiancé got so annoyed at me at one point, she got me a fidget cube and I keep it with me at all times. It's why I workout a lot, I feel like a caged animal sometimes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@ColePens saw that Cowboy and Cocaine one, wow. What a time.

Also, I know we all know this, but Vince McMahon might be the only person alive right now that makes Donald Trump look less evil.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Because we had one in our office and I would always stand at my desk and walk around while doing calls and my colleague who had the office across from me (glass wall) would tell me I gave him anxiety lol, so he told me to sit at the desk and ride this bike thing he had, so I tried it, I hated it, I looked like a f***ing wanker trying to adjust myself in my seat to pedal faster and then you get a sweaty ass while you're in your seat because being a gym rat, you can't take something like that and just do it in a relaxing way, it's a "I need to get the most out of this" mentality.

So I would go back to walking around but then I would do lunges and then sit on the sofa when he'd tap on the window and start doing air cycling and it let me just focus on my core/abdominals and let me slow down.

I am a fidgety type of wanker, if you will, no euphemism, I always have my leg shaking when I sit, or I am playing around with a pen, clicking it or taking it apart and putting it back together, so my fiancé got so annoyed at me at one point, she got me a fidget cube and I keep it with me at all times. It's why I workout a lot, I feel like a caged animal sometimes.

I meant where you said "without looking like an absolute wanker". I'm sure that would be difficult for you on a regular day ;)

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I think they will discover the real cause of death was "hand of god". Too soon? :)

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
It's an even better workout if you sit back on your chair and lift your legs and pretend you're cycling and do it in sets, you engage your core and still get cardio without looking like an absolute wanker.
Do I have to pretend I am cycling, or can I focus on my work? Might be a dealbreaker for me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do I have to pretend I am cycling, or can I focus on my work? Might be a dealbreaker for me.
When you start, you focus on keeping your core tight and your legs peddling, it actually let me focus on the task I was working on and not on the peddling or other distractions, oddly enough.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Are you more productive with music on too? I am also a fidgety person and am more productive if I am listening to music while I work, or better yet, listening to music and watching something. My brain meeds to have multiple things going on. It doesn’t make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad