Injury Report: Cole done for season and playoffs....

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Agreed. The chances of the second round pick having a successful NHL career aren't that great, nor are the chances of Backmann and Janmark having great careers.

that's why one would like to keep them (or preferably acquire more of them) as the odds aren't in ones's favor and drafting is the only way wings can get out of this hole.

there is some very good players available in 2nd round of this draft.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I don't knock the trade based on his injury. Hope he heals up for his own sake. We need Jurco and Abby healthy ASAP

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This trade wasn't ideal to start with, felt like an overpayment. He has a long history of injuries, especially traumatic injury involving the spine/neck. While the sentiment behind the trade was admirable, the target, Cole, was a poor choice.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
This trade wasn't ideal to start with, felt like an overpayment. He has a long history of injuries, especially traumatic injury involving the spine/neck. While the sentiment behind the trade was admirable, the target, Cole, was a poor choice.

He's been fairly healthy since his injury in 2006.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Bummer. He fit in pretty well and could have helped us a lot in Mule's absence.

This is part of the risk with trades though. Happened to plenty of guys dealt at the TDL. Still okay with the trade.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Not the kind of news you want to hear. Thought he would be a good addition, especially with Franzen out.
It's disappointing for him and the wings. Anything to do with the spine is something you take very seriously. Hope he can get healthy and continue to play.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
2010 he missed half the season.

He suffered a broken leg earlier on that season, which is obviously completely unrelated to his neck injury. I believe he had neck problems later that season, however. The point still stands that since his major injury in 2006 he's be reliable. It's not like he's been shelved for significant portions of seasons consistently like Stephan Weiss or Darren Helm.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Very unfortunate hope he makes a full recovery, given his history it might be the last time Cole plays hockey at all.

Cannot say I was ever a big fan of Cole, but most of that is his idiotic comments during the last lockout.

Still I thought he fit in well with the lineup, if can still play hockey and Blashill (yeah I went there) sees a fit when he talks to Ken Holland I hope we re-sign him for a couple years.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Gator and Jurco close to being back according to the Radiol.

Dats-Z-Helm
Tats-Sheahan-Nyquist
Gator-Weiss-Pookie
Miller-Luke-Jurco

That's not what 97.1 was saying. Said a inside source with the team said Gator is done for the year with a broken hand.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That's not what 97.1 was saying. Said a inside source with the team said Gator is done for the year with a broken hand.

Hahaha what the hell. We're good all year and then BOOM. Injury to Howard, he's never the same. BOOM, injury to 20goal scorer Abby. BOOM, injury to Cole, Datsyuk, Jurco, Sheahan.

Like come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad