Injury Report: Cole done for season and playoffs....

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Not gonna lie it's kinda ****ing stupid to rate the trade based on this.

Agreed. The chances of the second round pick having a successful NHL career aren't that great, nor are the chances of Backmann and Janmark having great careers.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I mean if we traded Sheahan for Crosby and the next day Crosby got hit by a bus, would be talking about how bad the trade was?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Detroit still picked up a 3rd round pick from Dallas. They basically moved down what? 20 spots?

They still don't have their own 3rd rounder (traded to move up to pick Turgeron last year)

So it's basically Picks at
~18
and then not a pick until ~72
and then 100 ish

Not how you want it to be going in to a deep draft

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
They still don't have their own 3rd rounder (traded to move up to pick Turgeron last year)

So it's basically Picks at
~18
and then not a pick until ~72
and then 100 ish

Not how you want it to be going in to a deep draft

So what you're saying is we DO still have our own 3rd rounder... it's just that we already chose who it was going to be.

In any case not sure what that has to do with Cole.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I mean if we traded Sheahan for Crosby and the next day Crosby got hit by a bus, would be talking about how bad the trade was?

No, at the time of course not. But in hindsight I don't see anything wrong with saying, "well, that trade turned out bad for us" because it's the truth.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
No, at the time of course not. But in hindsight I don't see anything wrong with saying, "well, that trade turned out bad for us" because it's the truth.

It didn't work out, but that doesn't make it a bad trade. It's like getting beat when you have pocket aces.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Well maybe it's just me but I think there's a big difference between "that was a terrible trade" and "that trade worked out badly".

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The trade will end up being a 2nd for a 3rd. Not ideal, but it was worth a shot to add speed and experience to the top 6 for the playoffs.

Easy to say in hindsight it didn't work when the guy gets a spinal injury. Cole seemed excited to be here and I hope he recovers without issue.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It didn't work out, but that doesn't make it a bad trade. It's like getting beat when you have pocket aces.

I can't speak for everyone else but I look at it like this. At the time it was a good trade, BUT it ENDED UP being a bad trade because of the situation. Of course we couldn't know what was going to happen, but things do happen and it doesn't change the fact that it ended up not being a good trade even though at the time of the trade it was a good one.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This is really, really awful. I like the guy. I hope we sign him in the offseason.

To replace who? We already have a ton of forwards, even without Franzen. I don't mind letting some of them walk, but who?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Wow, y'all need to chill out. It was a good trade to make. Didn't work out due to injury. Stop crying about pick position.

Aug 6, 2012
The trade will end up being a 2nd for a 3rd. Not ideal, but it was worth a shot to add speed and experience to the top 6 for the playoffs.

Easy to say in hindsight it didn't work when the guy gets a spinal injury. Cole seemed excited to be here and I hope he recovers without issue.

Well, we still have to wait and see how the young Swedes turn out. But for now, yeah that's all it really is.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well, we still have to wait and see how the young Swedes turn out. But for now, yeah that's all it really is.

They weren't in the plans here, for better or worse. Hard to get upset losing an asset you know the team wasn't going to use.

But you still have a fair point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad