Injury Report: Cole done for season and playoffs....

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Now I wish that this trade didn't happen. Would rather keep the picks and prospects for something else. Can't see Cole getting resigned now. Not that Cole wasn't productive, it's just that now we will not have him at all going forward and nobody knows when Mule will return.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Ugh, what ****** luck. Looked to be a decent addition to the team but now it's just a waste of Backman, Janmark and a 2nd. More concerning is that with Cole, Mule, and Abby (for the time being) out it leaves us with no big bodies in the top 6 (other than Sheahan who doesn't really play that style)

Anyways get well Erik

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
That ****ing sucks. I hope that he is able to make a full recovery, even if he doesn't play again. On the bright side, we now know that we will have Dallas' third-round pick no matter what.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Figured he was done since he wasn't skating much and was rarely talked about. I fear there's also something broken in Abdelkader's hand but they're just not saying anything.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Welp, that turned out to be a bad trade.

Don't care about the prospects lost -- they weren't gonna make the team anyways. Losing the second next year though hurts.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Cole is not only done for the season but his career is over. No way at this age it's worth risking your quality of life over

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Welp, that turned out to be a bad trade.

Don't care about the prospects lost -- they weren't gonna make the team anyways. Losing the second next year though hurts.

Detroit still picked up a 3rd round pick from Dallas. They basically moved down what? 20 spots?

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
That ****ing sucks. I hope that he is able to make a full recovery, even if he doesn't play again. On the bright side, we now know that we will have Dallas' third-round pick no matter what.

Is that how it works? I figured the condition was if the team makes the third round, regardless of Cole's health.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Gator and Jurco close to being back according to the Radiol.

Dats-Z-Helm
Tats-Sheahan-Nyquist
Gator-Weiss-Pookie
Miller-Luke-Jurco

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Was a bad trade before he got hurt, now it's a terrible trade. Holland's going to Holland though.(Not that he knew he'd get hurt, even though he has a history, it's just that Cole isn't THAT good.)

Hope he gets well though.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Not gonna lie it's kinda ****ing stupid to rate the trade based on this.

Whoever the pick turned out to be could end up with a career-ending injury as well. Or just turn out to be bad at NHL hockey.

Rate a trade based on what it was at the time. Not on what unforeseeable circumstances happened after the fact.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not gonna lie it's kinda ****ing stupid to rate the trade based on this.

Whoever the pick turned out to be could end up with a career-ending injury as well. Or just turn out to be bad at NHL hockey.

Rate a trade based on what it was at the time. Not on what unforeseeable circumstances happened after the fact.

Agreed. We traded two prospects who would've been waiver'd at some point anyway. It was a good trade, but bad luck with the injury.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This stinks. His speed and forecheck were going to be an asset when the playoffs hit. He was fitting in worlds better than Legwand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad