Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
First game he was passing no matter what. 2nd game he was shooting no matter what. Last night had some great passes and some great shots. I think he busts out tonight.

I’m calling at least 1 goal and 3 points.

Reactions: Saxon and tazsub3

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I noticed a few times last night when we were controlling the puck in the offensive zone, when our points got the puck Caufield skated up the zone in the high slot and made himself available to get the puck in that position à la Marner. He never received the pass but it's a good sign he's feeling more and more comfortable trying to create plays like that. I hate when Marner does that because it creates a lot of confusion when the defenseman is baited to come up that high.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
First game he was passing no matter what. 2nd game he was shooting no matter what. Last night had some great passes and some great shots. I think he busts out tonight.

I’m calling at least 1 goal and 3 points.

on a two on one, especially on a bad angle for a shot, when the dman goes sliding down to cut off any hope of a pass, I would just try the toe drag that Armia and Toffoli used. Just make sure to keep the puck away from the dman touching it, say by flipping it to oneself (Cole easily has the puck skills to do so). And, if the dman hits your skates with his body or stick, just go down. It's a penalty. The dman is not allowed to block your way that way.

Better to get a pp than a bad angle shot on a Hellybuck who's square to the shooter.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He is so due for a goal. It certainly isn't for a lack of chances though.

Hopefully, Cole isn't thinking too much about it. He's probably never gone this long in his life without scoring.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
he'd benefit a ton from a long break before next round... squeezing his stick a bit, could use a few days of practice to calm the nerves

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
said many times he was our top prospect and when he got a lot of shit after both WJC's, kept saying he was the real deal, now those that doubted are starting to see what he will be. He still has work to do but f*** me is he ever going to be good. I've seen a lot of him since he was drafted and I've seen a shit ton of Hab prospects over the past 20+ years and I don't know if there's any that I'm more excited about then CC.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
said many times he was our top prospect and when he got a lot of shit after both WJC's, kept saying he was the real deal, now those that doubted are starting to see what he will be. He still has work to do but f*** me is he ever going to be good. I've seen a lot of him since he was drafted and I've seen a shit ton of Hab prospects over the past 20+ years and I don't know if there's any that I'm more excited about then CC.

his game sense and compete level are off the charts... gets missed a bit i suspect because of how slick his puck skills are and how small he is. Sees the ice so well and finds the right spaces all the time... often by being elusive, but unlike most smallish skilled guys, he doesn't seem to be avoiding contact so much as minimizing it to give himself the best opportunity to get to the right place to make a play on the puck or help out defensively...

as Cassie called it out, his ability to read and react to "what's next" is phenomenal.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
People who been saying caufield was bad didnt watched the game. They only watched stats. He was playing with beniers and playmaking/passing. was maybe his worst attribute to help caufield. This guy is playing like danault. Lol. Tough to put points on table. Caufield was flying on the ice and been better defensively, he just didnt put points on board during wjc

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Should have started since the beginning of the playoffs...
1562784556-cr7-cloclo2.png

A complete player, he can shoot, pass, deke and he's not a liability in his own zone.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I gotta dig up my quote shortly after he was drafted he would be the crown jewel of our organization

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad