Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Adding a sniper with shooting mentality and play making skills will help the PP no doubt.. time and space will be where he shines. However, aside from Petry, we sadly don’t have puck possession beasts so our entries will struggle. Maybe Kotkaniemi can get there.. I see potential in him being strong and skilled enough to gain entries with possession. Suzuki is clever but lacks elite skating to give him the time and space he needs. Drouin has been probably one of our best forwards this year. I like the Drouin / Suzuki / Armia line

Anyways.. there is no harm trying Caufield in practice and then go from there. You never know if he struggles or shines right away. He does have the it factor but he needs a physical and talented center IMO

After his college season is over, he should immediately be put on a line with Toffoli and KK. With how they look tonight, he's probably already better than half the forwards

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Why have the guy struggle in the NHL right off the bat? Unless he steps in and displaces a vet, there's no benefit. And yes, we can talk about who sucks on the Habs, but the fact remains Caufield has not played professionally yet. The Habs aren't in a position this year to coddle a rookie and give him a try out (unless he deserves to be there). In an 82 game season, I'd see things differently.
All you said is true but i think his point was (i share the same opinion) give your kids minutes, if you're gonna keep an 18y/old kid on your roster you play him 15 minutes a game and let him learn from his mistakes, if you can't commit to that, i see no reason to keep an underaged/underdeveloped kid in the nhl no matter what... If you can't do that leave the kid where he is so he can actually play good minutes and gain confidence in his play

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

damn impressive...

hoping and praying we handle him with patience when he makes the pro jump, and that he gets skilled wingers/centre to play with when they decide to give him NHL minutes... No armia/byron/lekhonen/evans et. Put him in a position to do what he does best, snipe and move the puck, and don't fixate on his inevitable deficiencies (size, dzone play) until he's established his strengths at the pro level

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
honestly one of the best parts about this kid is its not 21 goals and just 5 assists type deal, this guy can pass and playmake too man, just a dangerous hockey player, we NEED him to work out for us baby

Will really be interesting to see just how far he can take this Wisconsin team this year, very eager

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Kid is pulling a Suzuki, definitely rooting for him, we need that guy to pan out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad