Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Next weekend is the final 2 games of the regular season and it happens to be vs the worst team in the Big 10.

No reason not to make it a 30 goal season.
HRI7zad.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know in the off-season some were saying that Romanov was our best prospect by far or just our top prospect but I disagreed saying CC was #1 and while I do wish he produced a little more at the WJC's, we are seeing why he was seen as a possible top 10 pick and why he has been our top prospect.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He has that natural offensive instinct. He is not a bad skater at all but it would be amazing if he could improve a bit there just like a Kaprizov.
I do believe he should start his pro career with Joel Bouchard.

Reactions: phillytennis

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So how many more days until his season is over and he signs his contract? We need him in the lineup immediately.

depends on how far they go in the NCAA tournament as they are a lock to make it, although they haven't really touched on how they are going to pick the teams this year due to covid.

So 2 more games next weekend vs Michigan St (worst team in the big 10) then playoffs, Wisconsin can still end up in 1st over Minnesota, either team looks good here. (though Wisconsin needs to pick a goalie, I'd go with the undrafted Rowe (he should get picked in the '21 draft).

The NCAA tournament starts at the end of March so win and advance, lose and your season is over.

Reactions: The Great Weal

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think there College madness ends two days before our trade deadline. I could be wrong.

IMO, he comes over and gets called up as a black ace for the playoffs.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
depends on how far they go in the NCAA tournament as they are a lock to make it, although they haven't really touched on how they are going to pick the teams this year due to covid.

So 2 more games next weekend vs Michigan St (worst team in the big 10) then playoffs, Wisconsin can still end up in 1st over Minnesota, either team looks good here. (though Wisconsin needs to pick a goalie, I'd go with the undrafted Rowe (he should get picked in the '21 draft).

The NCAA tournament starts at the end of March so win and advance, lose and your season is over.
Caufield will likely be on the team by the trade deadline then.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I know in the off-season some were saying that Romanov was our best prospect by far or just our top prospect but I disagreed saying CC was #1 and while I do wish he produced a little more at the WJC's, we are seeing why he was seen as a possible top 10 pick and why he has been our top prospect.
Alex DeBrincat had a single point in his WJC career. Dylan Holloway had 2.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Caufield is full of exciting potential but the surrounding team in Montreal gives me doubt that management won't screw this kid up. He needs to play with good players

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I still think of Corey Locke when I see Caufield play. Very similar in a lot of ways. Size, skating, shot... hope I'm wrong.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I still think of Corey Locke when I see Caufield play. Very similar in a lot of ways. Size, skating, shot... hope I'm wrong.

Corey Locke was more like Desharnais than Caufield.

You do realize Locke dominated against teens while Cole is dominating against mostly 20+ players?

He'll be the 3rd youngest Hobey Baker winner after Eichel and Kariya.

Also, know who else dominated teens like Locke did? Gallagher

Last edited:

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Corey Locke was more like Desharnais than Caufield.

You do realize Locke dominated against teens while Cole is dominating against mostly 20+ players?

He'll be the 3rd youngest Hobey Baker winner after Eichel and Kariya.

did not know that, damn.

hard to not get excited about this guy...but...but...he's short

Reactions: Sagikev

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

We definitely all wish he produced more at WJCs but we also all watched him get severely mis-handled and underutilized, they played him as a 3rd liner with linemates that didnt gel

And watching him on the US powerplay compared to his FREEDOM on the Wisconsin powerplay are so stark in difference its truly amazing they were still able to pull off winning the gold at all without realizing how much better they could of been had they used Cole PROPERLY lol

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

He is one of the best hockey players outside of the NHL today. I don't get what drives people to not trust him beyond cynicism.

Reactions: Rozz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Caufield is a better skater, quicker, better shot, then Locke. Locke was a heck of a play maker, he could dish the puck for sure but was just too slow, poor skater.

Caufield has his issues for sure, I don't think he will ever be a guy you put on the PK or known for his D, but the kid can shoot with the best of them, and is such a smart player in the offensive zone. The way he gets open despite everyone knowing if the puck is on his stick they are in trouble. He doesn't often get hit hard as he does a good job of avoiding the big hits despite having a target on his back. That said he will need to work on getting quicker, stronger, just like Gallagher did when he turned pro.

Reactions: Habs13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad