Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Cole should take the next step and play in Laval next year. A step up in level of play, physicality, speed, etc...

Give him a taste of the NHL during training camp and then send him down for the year.
no way. He needs to stay playing with his peers. The physicality of the AHL is not much different then the NHL. He's not ready for that yet. He needs to get stronger and the college environment is perfect for that. Lots of off ice training.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
And I hope I don't get the actual evidence next season.

Well he's playing agaisnt young men now and leading his team and all rookies in scoring. I think he's elusive enough not to get caught in bad situations. His situational awareness and shot are both his best assets , I think the real issue will be ensuring he plays with a solid playmaker like Kotkaniemi.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Well he's playing agaisnt young men now and leading his team and all rookies in scoring. I think he's elusive enough not to get caught in bad situations. His situational awareness and shot are both his best assets , I think the real issue will be ensuring he plays with a solid playmaker like Kotkaniemi.
Fair reply.

I just worry that he has to be lucky / super aware every night, whilst the goon squad just has to catch up with him 3 or 4 times :-(

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Fair reply.

I just worry that he has to be lucky / super aware every night, whilst the goon squad just has to catch up with him 3 or 4 times :-(

He can't be on this team if all we have are smurfs, it becomes more of a concern.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Good call. The game before Kotakaniemi was scratched just before being demoted, while supposedly not being up to NHL calibre, he could have had FIVE primary assists if his linemates could snipe like Caufield or even Hudon.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How many games left ? I was hoping for him to get 20 this year.

Wisconsin has 2 more games left on the regular season next Friday and Saturday. Both games against Ohio State.

The weekend after that (March 6th-7th-8th) is the Big Ten Quarter-Finals. If they lose that weekend, then Wisconsin is done for the season.

So Caufield has at least 3 games to hit 20. If Wisconsin wins in the Quarters, he'll have a few more games to score 20.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Caufield leads all rookies in goals, but Newhook passed him in points.

All things considered though, Caufield’s points are a lot harder to come by since his team is shit.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Wisconsin has 2 more games left on the regular season next Friday and Saturday. Both games against Ohio State.

The weekend after that (March 6th-7th-8th) is the Big Ten Quarter-Finals. If they lose that weekend, then Wisconsin is done for the season.

So Caufield has at least 3 games to hit 20. If Wisconsin wins in the Quarters, he'll have a few more games to score 20.

I hope he gest to 20 and lose in the quarter-finals to see him play some games with Habs, to see what he'd be able to do at nhl level.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Caufield leads all rookies in goals, but Newhook passed him in points.

All things considered though, Caufield’s points are a lot harder to come by since his team is shit.

This is a very dangerous cause-effect relationship to do. A bad team often means more TOI and/or less pressure and/or not having to focus on defense as much. Nokita Sherback was doing surprisingly very well offensively in the CHL despite his team being terrible.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Trade Kovalchuk, Thompson and sign Caufield when his season is over

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Domi - Caufield/Hudon
Cousins - Evans - Lehkonen

Call up Hudon, and at some point insert Caufield in the lineup

Last edited:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just like NBA has small ball lineups, Habs are trying to revolutionize hockey and go with a small puck lineup. :laugh:

upload_2020-2-23_12-38-33.jpeg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He'd get pulverized in the AHL next season.

I don't think he would, the guy knows how avoid contact.

So Caufield has at least 3 games to hit 20.

It's at least 4 games, 2 regular season and then the playoffs are a best of 3 so we know he will play in at least 2 playoff games.

Right now we don't know who they will face since the Big 10 is tight and they give 3 pts for a win. The 1st place team gets a bye and we know Wisconsin will finish in last place. The only shot they have at making the NCAA tournament now would be is by winning the Big 10 championship, which would be highly unlikely but the top team for now is Penn State and they seem to have played well vs them last weekend but Caufield has only 2 pts in 4 games vs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad